16 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy.

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

One thing that seemed very random to me was that splendide and manuk coins were character bound while mora coins aren't.
Also medals you win at the battleground aren't but marvelous medals you win at the hugel race are.
And all the items you can buy from these coins aren't characterbound anymore either.

Then you carry around all these items on single characters where they take up inventory space until you actually may need them.

Wouldn't it be an option to make more, if not all, items account- instead of character bound?
Since it often seems to cause problems over and over again, just like recently with the Lotto Pass item.

Just a suggestion, feel free to discuss. :smile:
Posted Image

#2 Karuna-tan

Bioderp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
  • LocationEl Dicastes

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I have so many medals stuck on characters that don't have any use for them whatsoever that I'd really love it if they were at least account bound instead of character bound.
IGNs:
Akushuu - Karuna-tan - Satsujinhan - Ikyouto - Itamiwake - Niðhöggr - ×Koori× - Kuchisake-onna - Kuroi.Senritsu - Amelia-chan - Vanagloria - Tsumetai.Senritsu - Urai.Tamashii - Lunatíca - Kisshouten - Hashihime - Freo - Acacía - Helmililja - ºFlamelº - ºEremesº - Kitsunebi - Ryuuhou - Gìnevra

You could say I have a slight character ADD.

I buy and sell (and adopt) stuffs here.

#3 Tilea

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

+1

Because its worth it, to discuss about that topic! :)

Especially now with the lotto event and all that marvelous medals on each character it would be useful - as fuzzy. mentioned - and not only them, if all the medals and coins were at least account bound.

Would make sense if you ask me.
Posted Image
Tileah - Archbishop | Tylea - Shadowchaser | Miralia - Wanderer | Spandex - Mechanic
Thilea - Genetic | Tyleah - Rune Knight | T'ylea - Guillotine Cross | Orteas - Bard
Ti'lea - Ranger | Tyhlea - Sura | Thileah - Warlock

Playin' FRo since 02/2013~ <3

#4 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Ghostring]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4865 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

+1000 !!!
Image IPB

Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

#5 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 1221 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Mora coins have a different use than manuk and splendide coins and are intended this way by Gravity. If you prefer mora coins to be charbound too we might change that.

Battleground medals end up in accountbound equipment, items from marvelous medals not.

"Would make sense" for the marvelous medals because everyone who plays the lotto event with some chars would be able to make some elemental armors or level 4 weapons then?
You are free to use every single medal for exp or items. If you want the bigger prizes, how about playing the monster race to get missing coins?

The lotto pass problem should rather be fixed by changing its weight to 0. Making it accountbound would allow the use of 2 at a time and we would have to dramatically reduce the drop chance of each lotto box.
Posted Image

#6 Fuzzy.

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Mora coins have a different use than manuk and splendide coins
yes, you can get even more useful stuff from mora coins. And you can only buy items for 1 manuk/splendide coin each anyway, wich are then storable.

Battleground medals end up in accountbound equipment
I can put my medal of honors i bought from battleground medals into storage and i guess the weapons i got there, too, at least when i last checked, not too long ago.
Not sure how it's about KVM equip, but i know for a fact, that on iRo they changed it to allow putting that into storage, too.

Things may have been intended this way when they were first implemented. But as the time goes on and other things get added/updated i beg to think about it, if it really still makes that much sense and really adds a neccessary difficulty value or is just a stone on the path of players joy.
Posted Image

#7 -Lucian-

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Sorry, I had to login again here, when I read such a b... adorable post:

View PostGM Serish, on 21 July 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Mora coins have a different use than manuk and splendide coins and are intended this way by Gravity. If you prefer mora coins to be charbound too we might change that.
Really? I guess you can explain the awesomeness behind those items you get from Mora/Manuk Coins? - Oh well, when I read the rest of the posting, it's probably better you keep your secrets for yourself.
Mora Coins - The question here is, does it matter? In example: Farming Coins per daily with a 150 Ranger/Gen/RK, put the equips into storage - profit! So the answer is: No, not really, since you can get the equips from the NPC with every character.

Battleground medals end up in accountbound equipment, items from marvelous medals not.
No, just no. None of them, neither KvM equips - all accbound.

"Would make sense" for the marvelous medals because everyone who plays the lotto event with some chars would be able to make some elemental armors or level 4 weapons then?
You are free to use every single medal for exp or items. If you want the bigger prizes, how about playing the monster race to get missing coins?
Oh no, with the current patch the only armor which is 'worth' getting (for woe) is the fire armor, but I guess you will add some bossnia events (ofc with 2x exp & 2x drop) to grab some money from players to farm Ifrit (with some "luck" he's instant on a special place) there to flood the server again. So I guess it's understandable, why you are against. /ironic mode off
lvl 4 weapons (Brocca/CK): worth spending time to get 1500 Medals there, rly. Just pay 250m for each to get those from people who are quitting. Or, wait for the lotto event in 2014 and you have at least 8 armor per account :laugh: (like I would now, but yeah... other MMORPGS are more fun)

The lotto pass problem should rather be fixed by changing its weight to 0. Making it accountbound would allow the use of 2 at a time and we would have to dramatically reduce the drop chance of each lotto box.
Uhm, like you did during the event in 2012 (or was it 2011)? The rest I don't understand, since it doesn't matter if people have 2 passes on 1 character, or do you intend to play 2 times with 2 different sets of numbers?

Intended that way? Sorry had to laugh about that sentence xD
We are talking here about a game which is more than 10 years old. - I remember the commercial in TV. It was intended to get new players, but it stopped ( in 2008 or 9) because of? I let you think about it.

Oh dear 05, I feel so sorry for you. Guess it's kinda hard to work with people like him, eh? <_<
started Ro in Sep. '07
fRo quit Nov '12: bye bye
re-joined April '14

#8 Link

Arc Angeling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

If you want the bigger prizes, how about playing the monster race to get missing coins?
If only it wasn't bugged AND more expensive than I knew before, additionnaly to it being very long and boring and with a very low winning chance and monster stats being useless ...
Actually it may even be more boring than the KVM. And for less important prizes ...

(Btw :
"Battleground medals end up in accountbound equipment"
"No, just no. None of them, neither KvM equips - all accbound."
???)

#9 Karuna-tan

Bioderp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
  • LocationEl Dicastes

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Did some quick math here considering the medals. For a slotted elemental armor you'd need 1k medals. To get those 1k medals you'd have to have at least 1 correct number 20 times on a specific character. Seeing that I've played the lotto ever since it got implemented this summer, I still haven't managed to get more than 350 medals on a character - sometimes you're just not that lucky with your numbers.

In order to get yourself a level 4 weapon of your choice for medals, you'd need to have 1 number correct 30 times on a character. Like I said in the previous paragraph, you're just not always that lucky with your numbers. Why do I keep saying that? Because sometimes I (and I bet I'm not the only one) just don't have any numbers correct and will have to deal with getting just the Gogolotto Tickets and Summer Event Suits.

Now I look at the amount of the times required in order for you to actually get some solid gear for your char for the medals - even with the event extended as a compensation for all the troubles the maintenance caused, you need to have at least some luck on your side in order to get at least the freaking elemental armor. If you're not that lucky, you'll most likely end up with a 3rd class character having around +500 medals on it and they're worth nothing and stuck forever in your inventory because they're character bound. As for people suggesting farming the missing coins from monster races - it's not worth it, it's just... not.

It's pretty much like -Lucian- said - you're better off buying the damn things from players for pure zeny instead of trying to desperately struggle in order to get at least 1k together for an armor.

At least offer an option to contact the staff in order to get them moved from one character to another if you're so much against making them account bound instead of character bound (oh I know that'll cause you guys more work, but hey, beggars can't be choosers), because how you currently obtain them from the event makes them only good for exping non-trans/trans characters.
IGNs:
Akushuu - Karuna-tan - Satsujinhan - Ikyouto - Itamiwake - Niðhöggr - ×Koori× - Kuchisake-onna - Kuroi.Senritsu - Amelia-chan - Vanagloria - Tsumetai.Senritsu - Urai.Tamashii - Lunatíca - Kisshouten - Hashihime - Freo - Acacía - Helmililja - ºFlamelº - ºEremesº - Kitsunebi - Ryuuhou - Gìnevra

You could say I have a slight character ADD.

I buy and sell (and adopt) stuffs here.

#10 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 1221 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Post-Lucian-, on 22 July 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

Really? I guess you can explain the awesomeness behind those items you get from Mora/Manuk Coins? - Oh well, when I read the rest of the posting, it's probably better you keep your secrets for yourself.
Mora Coins - The question here is, does it matter? In example: Farming Coins per daily with a 150 Ranger/Gen/RK, put the equips into storage - profit! So the answer is: No, not really, since you can get the equips from the NPC with every character.
No, just no. None of them, neither KvM equips - all accbound.
Oh no, with the current patch the only armor which is 'worth' getting (for woe) is the fire armor, but I guess you will add some bossnia events (ofc with 2x exp & 2x drop) to grab some money from players to farm Ifrit (with some "luck" he's instant on a special place) there to flood the server again. So I guess it's understandable, why you are against. /ironic mode off
lvl 4 weapons (Brocca/CK): worth spending time to get 1500 Medals there, rly. Just pay 250m for each to get those from people who are quitting. Or, wait for the lotto event in 2014 and you have at least 8 armor per account :laugh: (like I would now, but yeah... other MMORPGS are more fun)
Uhm, like you did during the event in 2012 (or was it 2011)? The rest I don't understand, since it doesn't matter if people have 2 passes on 1 character, or do you intend to play 2 times with 2 different sets of numbers?
Intended that way? Sorry had to laugh about that sentence xD
We are talking here about a game which is more than 10 years old. - I remember the commercial in TV. It was intended to get new players, but it stopped ( in 2008 or 9) because of? I let you think about it.
Oh dear 05, I feel so sorry for you. Guess it's kinda hard to work with people like him, eh? <_<

Well, if you still play you should at least know what's awesome about the Mora equipment. I just miss where anyone said "awesome". I just said a different use. And as already mentioned, you can put the items you get from all those coins into storage. So why there is the need to make the coins tradeable? Because lazyness wins?

Yes, there is no need to make the Mora coins charbound. Also it makes it easier for you to get the equip and enchant you want.

"No, just no. None of them, neither KvM equips - all accbound." So you say that there are accountbound items you get with marvelous medals? Because if you read it again, I said that BG and KVM are all accountbound, just marvelous medals not.

It's not worth farming you say. But it won't also happen to make them storable to "flood" the server with combat knifes and elemental armors to use your words. Because you don't want the server to be flood with certain items, right?

I didn't work for Gravity in 2011/2012 and just started this year. I will talk to the person in charge regarding the weight of the Lotto Pass if we can fix it for the next Lotto Event in case it will take place. The Lotto Pass has nothing to do with how often you can enter numbers at the NPC. It's about the drop chance when farming lotto boxes. Having 2 of them on 1 char would increase drop chances and therefore we'd have to reduce the dropchances in every single Lotto Pass.

Yes, Ragnarok is an old game. Do you want to say that just because it's old we should cancel all limitations like make everything accountbound or even free to trade? I think a game without limits would just be boring.

Oh dear, it's hard to talk to certain players....
Posted Image

#11 legalizer

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

And what about fixing the mora coins npc and mora AB rings ?

#12 Hell Hound

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Remembering the times when I played poring race on a second computer, while staying in party ... actually it is not "bugged" more than on any other server.
You just have to know how it works (e.g. monsters don't move when no player is on the map, because the server does not calculate every single monster when it is not needed).
You can easily "reset" the races, and even reset them in a way so you can play both single and dual all the time. You can easily make 50 coins in an afternoon.

Sure, not everyone has a second computer, or all that time, but same goes for KvM, Mora Daily Quests etc. ...

And, there are other rewards, not as worthy as the elemental armors or level 4 weapons, but witched starsand, taming boxes and poring boxes are not completely "worthless" and can be achieved with much lesser counts of medals.

Personally I have no problem, the way it is now.
I enjoy that Mora Coins are accbound, and not charbound, and I've lived with the fact that marvellous medals are charbound since the old ages.
Long time ago I learned, that you don't get any Bravery and Valor badges, if you already have 500 on your char, so it is good that you can put them into storage.
And yes, it is sometimes confusing, if an item/medal/whatever is charbound, accbound or tradeable. Easiest way to check that is to try to trade it, to put it into kafra and so on.

But the request for making marvelous medals accbound ... while the lotto event is running ... seems a bit like "else I cant get AAAANYTHING out of it!" which is just not true. I know at least 3 TT potters who trade starsand vs. slims 1:1, which means you get 250 slims for 1 correct number on 1 char ...
full featured international market watch for fRo:
Posted Image

#13 Link

Arc Angeling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostHell Hound, on 22 July 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Remembering the times when I played poring race on a second computer, while staying in party ... actually it is not "bugged" more than on any other server.
You just have to know how it works (e.g. monsters don't move when no player is on the map, because the server does not calculate every single monster when it is not needed).
You can easily "reset" the races, and even reset them in a way so you can play both single and dual all the time. You can easily make 50 coins in an afternoon.
- It's bugged as no monster moves. When everybody goes out, the next race is carried on. But monsters are stuck at the beginning. Meaning the next one to enter pays the fee, but can't enter the races which is already started. Any time you want to start a session you have to pay an extra fee and wait for a race to complete.
Then, obviously, if anytime you miss the race because you're doing things inbetween (just so long and so boring ...) the same problem occurs.
It was not this way on the old euRO, races were always starting/ending, more process yes but no bug. And it was only 3k to enter, 500z to visit. Here, it's 7k for a race. Wth this difference...
- I don't know what you mean by "reset" the races. And I never could do so, but is there a notice somewhere ? I don't think so. And the time is so random that even if you start in a way you can do both, quickly you miss one of them because your own race took too long, and then back to the first bug that annoy you, if you can't be there at the beginning of each race. So I only did dual ones. And got 100 of them in MANY days.

Mora quests are WAY less boring.
KvM is clearly better as it's always the same time, you can even set a clock reminder to know when to reenter. It has even more bugs, but since the team don't give a s*** about fixing it or asking for it to be fixed by the koreans...

Back to the topic anyway I agree, char bound items should remain char bound. And with the previous lotto, we'll have enough armors and CK on the market, no need to do so that everyone will be able to get 2 or 3 CK out of each account.

#14 Sargares

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBossnia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I personaly dont think that the server is gonna have huge problems when we cr8 some ele armors or CKs.. soon after the the market is gonna come back to balance (remmber the time when first bossnia event occurred, the market was overfull with MVP stuff).
I think the problem here is, always when GMs decide to add/change any ingame stuff, first question they ask themselfs is: "Are we gonna have any profit by doing this". Well the answer in this case is pretty much clear, none profit, just satisfy some players request.
And yes im 100% sure dear GMs, u dident added the new costumes just coz we players asked for them, u added them only coz uv seen big potential in them, i mean making big mony.
I remmber some guy in the past made a topic about changing the stats of immuned shield, u guys asked right away if many players are interested, we can send a request rightaway in kRO.

@ GM Serish
U mentioned in ur post lazynes, well there u go, at least for once dont be lazy and dont think on ur pockets, try to fulfill a players request.. u wont lose nothing.
Dum Spiro Spero

#15 Blackthunder

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well Marv Medals should stay Charbound.
Lotto event just floods them. If your chars play all 3 years, the last ones should hit the 1000 this years easy.
I already got 4 armors almost only playing lotto.
1 After the first year, just had to play some Monster race
2 After second year, or is it already the 4th this year? Then i messed up the numbers.
Whatever even my unlucky ones, with stay around 700Medals. Make them Storable or worse tradeable , i could instantly buy around ~5+ armors, or 2-3 Weps
About the Monster Race it needs a rethinking.
The "If noone is inside no monster walks" well its intended, If the server always had all Monsters in Memory, even where no Player is in any range. You could expect lot more lags....
Its not a big deal, just enter your first time as a Visitor, the NPC tells you if a race is alreay running.
But i noticed the non Randomness like hell.
Playing "Alone" is just like impossible to win. Its like "You choose 3" Monster 4 wins, next round you choose "4" Monster 3 wins...its really Always like this.
Playing dual clienting. I win alot more often, even far from always. Well you can play around with the numbers, which character first choose. To manipulate the round 2 winner. Believe me its not my Imagination...

Well for around 200Medals i still needed when i finished 1000medals on one char selling to Guild Member, 4 Days with playing 3-7/day.
And this is just to fail.
Playing Dual, is just to stupid.
I think to trick the nonrandomness, and how it is designed, it should work alot better, on full rooms of alot players.

Mora Coins..who cares

We are sorry that this will make you leave Ragnarök Online.
Das nennt Fro also Kundenbindung: Tschüss Sagen
This is what Fro calls CustomerCare: Bye Bye

#16 Wiic369

greedy rangering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNew World - Mora

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Err, even if Serish arguments are good in my opinion about pretty much all he said, I don't think it's bad for the economy to stick to charbound medals.
Indeed, most replies I see here only focus on this year, what will happen after the current event ends, etc.. but let's be optimistic and consider the server won't close until next lotto, ok ?

I mean, next year, next lotto event - you can hope to double the amount of medals on all your chars, if you started playing this year only.

I played with 7 chars, and it's pretty sure all will have 500 medals at least by the end.

so now, I can either wait a year and get 0 armor now, 7 next time, or get 3-4 now, and 3-4 next time.
And that reasoning should be valid for people who already have medals.

Making them charbound only delay the flooding - it's like building a barrage on a river and destroy it later. You'll be safe from water for some time, but once it's loose, you're in for a ride...

Point being, having more fluidity would allow for a more constant offer of relevant goods, and should make a more stable economy, in the long run.

#17 Sargares

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBossnia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

I dont think at all that by allowing the medals to be acc bouned will harm the fRO market or even the server.. actualy its the opposite, this is the chance for some newcomers to quick make some zennys and easy get theyr firs equip. Some will just say ur wrong, u can always buy/sell ishop items.. well yes, but im 100% sure that any of us can aford premium and from time to time some ishop gear or ambernite, but hell no spending hundrets of euros every week in game.
If the GMs are worried about the market, i think they should much more concentrate on solving the BIGG problem with bots, coz they are the parasites destroying not just the fRO market, but even the server.
Summer is a time when ppl are trying new games, and yes when a new player starts playing this game and he realizes that he needs to compeat with some troll who is farming with 10 bots.. soon after he gets tired and quites the game.
Dum Spiro Spero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users