496 replies to this topic

#1 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

:gb:
Due to the recently increasing number of scamming or scamming attempts we'd like to inform you about certain points.

What is a "scammer"?

A scammer is a person who tries to steal your money or items by tricking you. In most cases, they tell you to sell valuable items (1b+) and after receiving the first money they just disappear.

How can we perform "safe" deals?

1. If you want to buy an Item, tell the person selling it to show it to you first. In most cases, scammers don't even posess these items.
2. If you need to make two deals to trade the full amount of money, either deal the small amount of Zeny first or the bigger amount together with the item.
3. Always make screenshots of the agreement and the trade as you see in this picture:
Posted Image

Without screenshots of the agreement we won't be able to offer you help.

What about account transfers?

Account transfers are meant to be used between your own accounts only! If you transfer your characters to other accounts than your own ones to trade account bound items, this happens on your own risk and we won't support these cases. So, if you buy account bound items this way and get scammed your Zeny or items are lost.

What about leech sells?

If you want to buy leech, also make a screenshot of the agreement. Without a screenshot of the agreement, we won't be able to give you your money back.

To be on the safe side:
1. Let the party invite you and check if the party members are suitable for the said party (10 random novices won't make it in Juperos).
2. Wait for the party to go to the dungeon/field and then pay the money.

If you sell leech:
1. Charge the money at the beginning of the party and not after the party. This way you can be sure that the person you leech really has the Zeny needed to pay you.

Some things to keep in mind:

If someone offers to give you free Zeny, do not accept it if you don't know the person.

If someone offers you a way to good price for an item you are selling, it might be a trick. Be sure to make screenshots (You should always make them anyways).

If someone offers you an item you're looking for for a way to low price, it might be a trick. Be sure to make screenshots (You should always make them anyways).

If you have any further questions regarding this topic, I invite you to share them in this topic.

:de:
Durch die erhöhte Anzahl von Scamming und Scam-Versuchen möchten wir euch über einige Punkte aufklären.

Was ist ein "Scammer"?

Ein Scammer ist ein Betrüger, also eine Person, die versucht euer Geld oder eure Items zu stehlen indem sie euch austricksen.
In den meisten Fällen bieten sie euch teure Items zum Verkauf an (im Wert von 1 Milliarde Zeny und mehr), und nachdem sie die erste Zahlung erhalten haben, verschwinden sie einfach.

Wie können wir "sichere" Handel abschließen?

1. Wenn ihr ein Item kaufen wollt, lasst es euch von der Person zuallererst zeigen. In den meisten Fällen besitzen Scammer das Item nicht einmal.
2. Wenn ihr zwei oder mehr Handel machen müsst (der maximal handelbare Zenybetrag entspricht 999.999.999 Zeny!), dealt entweder erst die kleinere Summe, oder handelt die größere Summe zusammen mit dem Item.
3. Macht auf jeden Fall Screenshots von der Vereinbarung und dem Handel, wie in dem Bild zu sehen:
Posted Image

Ohne einen Screenshot von der Vereinbarung werden wir euch nicht helfen können.

Was ist mit Account/Chartransfers?

Account Transfers sind nur für die Nutzung zwischen euren eigenen Accounts gedacht! Wenn ihr eure Charaktere auf einen anderen als euren eigenen Account transferiert um accountgebundene Items zu handeln, geschieht das auf eure Verantwortung und wir werden euch in diesem Fall nicht helfen. Also, wenn ihr accountgebundene Items handelt und dabei betrogen werden, sind eure Zeny oder die Items verloren.

Was ist mit Leechkäufen?

Wenn ihr Leech kaufen wollt, macht ebenfalls einen Screenshot von der Vereinbarung. Ohne einen Screenshot werden wir euch nicht euer Zeny zurückgeben können.

Um auf der sicheren Seite zu sein:
1. Lasst euch von der Party einladen, und prüft ob die Partymitglieder geeignet für die versprochene Party sind (10 Novis werden in Juperos nicht überleben).
2. Wartet, bis ihr mit der Party am Levelort seid und zahlt erst dann euer Geld.

Wenn ihr Leech verkauft:
1. Verlangt das Geld am Start der Party, und nicht hinterher. Auf diesem Weg könnt ihr sicher sein, dass die Person die ihr leecht das Geld auch wirklich hat.

Einige Dinge, die ihr bedenken solltet:

Wenn jemand euch kostenlose Zeny anbietet, nehmt es nicht an, wenn ihr die Person nicht kennt.

Wenn jemand euch einen deutlich zu guten Preis für ein Item, das ihr verkauft, anbietet, könnte es auch ein Betrugsversuch sein. Macht auf jeden Fall einen Screenshot (Ihr solltet ohnehin immer welche machen).

Wenn jemand euch ein Item, das ihr sucht, deutlich zu günstig anbietet, könnte es auch ein Betrugsversuch sein. Macht auf jeden Fall einen Screenshot (Ihr solltet ohnehin immer welche machen).

Wenn ihr weitere Fragen zu diesem Thema habt, lade ich euch ein sie in hier zu stellen.
Posted Image

#2 Link

Arc Angeling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5784 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Finally, thanks !

#3 Monkitsune...

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationDans son terrier..

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Good job (You still sell your +20 ? Might be interesting /gg)
Killing Is My Business ... And Business Is Good !!

#4 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostMonkitsune..., on 13 July 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

Good job (You still sell your +20 ? Might be interesting /gg)

Sorry, already sold. Got a great offer by the Pet Dealer.
Posted Image

#5 CH Rascel

Community Helper

• Moderators
  • 1005 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

I bought it from him... but he wanted it back... sadly... nothing I could do about it. :(

Actually I've got a screen about the agreement. Muhaha... :)

#6 Sargares

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationBossnia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Two months ago when i sended a ticket about some guy scamed (dident payed me leech).. ur answer to that was just "selling leech is ilegal".
Dum Spiro Spero

#7 Link

Arc Angeling

• Members
  • 5784 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

http://forum.ragnaro...2-ingame-rules/

12.Selling items / characters / services / accounts for real currency
Selling items / characters / services / accounts for real currency (or fiction ones except for items and services) on any internal or external support is illegal.
And they were wrong, this is an ingame service you're doing for fiction currency, aka game's zeny. That's perfectly legal according to their rules from summer 2012.

#8 Gahr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Finally. I'm glad you ended up making an official post about that.

#9 Sargares

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationBossnia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I was pretty shocked too back then when i got such answer from the GMs in my ticket, and i knew i need watch out in future with what players im dealing with.. coz if some1 would scum me again, then no GM is gonna help me. But at least we have something official now too here in forum, makes me pretty happy that GMs are finaly gonna try to protect fair and hardworking players in future.
Dum Spiro Spero

#10 Link

Arc Angeling

• Members
  • 5784 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I kinda "blast" them off to make such a post after I was scammed as well and it was not clearly written that account bound items were out of support from them.
Doing a post is not so hard... Though some commercial gesture wouldn't be as well but I'm not even sure they reported my request to the boss anyway -_-

#11 Truebanana

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

If we report someone for an attempt of scamming, does he risk something if you didn't get scammed ? I want to know because i may have one to report.
In game name : TrueBanana, Eatmybanana, Bloodybanana, Mightybanana, Fairybanana and Sneakybanana

#12 *Chloe.*

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostTruebanana, on 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

If we report someone for an attempt of scamming, does he risk something if you didn't get scammed ? I want to know because i may have one to report.

So you will only report if you don't get punishment for lying in your report :huh: ?

They will tell you if your proofs are not good enough through.

#13 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yes, some of the rules changed lately. I think, the way we set up the rules right now are fair. Unfortunatelly, there are still many players who deal big amounts of money before even seeing the item. This makes it way easier for scammers. If you stick to all the "rules" above, and check the facts, chances are way lower to get scammed.

"An attempt of scamming": Of course you can feel free to report that, the problem is without any further proofs that definitively show that the person is a scammer we won't be able to do much about it. Again, if everyone stick to the mentioned rules, chances are way lower to get scammed.
Posted Image

#14 Truebanana

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Post*Chloe.*, on 15 July 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

So you will only report if you don't get punishment for lying in your report :huh: ?

They will tell you if your proofs are not good enough through.

I'm playing like a casual on Ragnarok, as i did stop to play in 2009 (back since almost 2 month) and i mostly like pvp and roaming in a mmo, wich doesn't exist in Ragnarok.
In the other mmo i'm playing at moment (from the main Korean mmo companie), like most of recent mmo, there is an in game report fonction. Even if we used it the way we should, most of time nothing is done if it doesn't affect the cash shop. The only one time something has been done after a report i made by myself, was when i did the following thing:
- Use in game report fonction (select offender, right click, report and select what he has done) like i should have done and nothing else after that.
- Note the exact time of when it happened in case the support was too lazy to check.
- Fraps and uploaded it on Youtube
- Taking several screenshot for the email report with the fraps.
After that the guy got banned and the support asked me to stop doing it like that and to use the in game report fonction. Yeah, like they did something with that in almost one year /heh

If an attempt isn't punished, there is no point to report, even more if the support is lazy with enough proof, wich i don't know, since i don't know if they (fro support) are ueless or not. That's exactly why i'm asking. Thx for your "kind" and really usefull reply.
In game name : TrueBanana, Eatmybanana, Bloodybanana, Mightybanana, Fairybanana and Sneakybanana

#15 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

We check every report, and if there is enough proof, there also is a punishment. But we won't punish a player because someone "thinks" that he may try to do something illegal.

Please always use the FAQ to report something. This way you'll receive an answer way faster.
Posted Image

#16 Hell Hound

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

German translation, feel free to add this to the first post if you want :)

View PostGM Serish, on 13 July 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

:de:
Durch die erhöhte Anzahl von Scamming und Scam-Versuchen möchten wir euch über einige Punkte aufklären.

Was ist ein "Scammer"?

Ein Scammer ist ein Betrüger, also eine Person, die versucht euer Geld oder eure Items zu stehlen indem sie euch austricksen.
In den meisten Fällen bieten sie euch teure Items zum Verkauf an (im Wert von 1 Milliarde Zeny und mehr), und nachdem sie die erste Zahlung erhalten haben, verschwinden sie einfach.

Wie können wir "sichere" Handel abschließen?

1. Wenn ihr ein Item kaufen wollt, lasst es euch von der Person zuallererst zeigen. In den meisten Fällen besitzen Scammer das Item nicht einmal.
2. Wenn ihr zwei oder mehr Handel machen müsst (der maximal handelbare Zenybetrag entspricht 999.999.999 Zeny!), dealt entweder erst die kleinere Summe, oder handelt die größere Summe zusammen mit dem Item.
3. Macht auf jeden Fall Screenshots von der Vereinbarung und dem Handel, wie in dem Bild zu sehen:
Posted Image

Ohne einen Screenshot von der Vereinbarung werden wir euch nicht helfen können.

Was ist mit Account/Chartransfers?

Account Transfers sind nur für die Nutzung zwischen euren eigenen Accounts gedacht! Wenn ihr eure Charaktere auf einen anderen als euren eigenen Account transferiert um accountgebundene Items zu handeln, geschieht das auf eure Verantwortung und wir werden euch in diesem Fall nicht helfen. Also, wenn ihr accountgebundene Items handelt und dabei betrogen werden, sind eure Zeny oder die Items verloren.

Was ist mit Leechkäufen?

Wenn ihr Leech kaufen wollt, macht ebenfalls einen Screenshot von der Vereinbarung. Ohne einen Screenshot werden wir euch nicht euer Zeny zurückgeben können.

Um auf der sicheren Seite zu sein:
1. Lasst euch von der Party einladen, und prüft ob die Partymitglieder geeignet für die versprochene Party sind (10 Novis werden in Juperos nicht überleben).
2. Wartet, bis ihr mit der Party am Levelort seid und zahlt erst dann euer Geld.

Wenn ihr Leech verkauft:
1. Verlangt das Geld am Start der Party, und nicht hinterher. Auf diesem Weg könnt ihr sicher sein, dass die Person die ihr leecht das Geld auch wirklich hat.

Einige Dinge, die ihr bedenken solltet:

Wenn jemand euch kostenlose Zeny anbietet, nehmt es nicht an, wenn ihr die Person nicht kennt.

Wenn jemand euch einen deutlich zu guten Preis für ein Item, das ihr verkauft, anbietet, könnte es auch ein Betrugsversuch sein. Macht auf jeden Fall einen Screenshot (Ihr solltet ohnehin immer welche machen).

Wenn jemand euch ein Item, das ihr sucht, deutlich zu günstig anbietet, könnte es auch ein Betrugsversuch sein. Macht auf jeden Fall einen Screenshot (Ihr solltet ohnehin immer welche machen).

Wenn ihr weitere Fragen zu diesem Thema habt, lade ich euch ein sie in hier zu stellen.

full featured international market watch for fRo:
Posted Image

#17 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostHell Hound, on 16 July 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

German translation, feel free to add this to the first post if you want :)

Added. Thanks.
Posted Image

#18 Duke V2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEx Versus - Leader

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Most times he stays on the same place, with cheap Devi/Mayap EQ. Always ask for show the EQ!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image Duke starts streaming! Watch him failing, feeding and losing! *Click*

Full WoE 29.10.14 [Sura] *Click*

#19 Scy

Black Nekoring

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1512 posts
  • LocationRight behind you. Yeah, just look.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Would be cool if any GM could definitely IP ban this guy.
?

#20 Rigel_The_shadow_Of_Moon

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

robinhood again?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users