ORC Dungeon level 2

37 replies to this topic

#1 spot4me

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

I have a question regarding Loot stealing.
From time to time I head to orc Dungeon level 2.
If I find a nice spot where is
- no AFKemist
- or a DCd AFKemist
- or a dead AFKemist
- no AFK(anykindofclass)-mercenary-kill-for-me character
(I tend to find such spot almost every time I need to level up a new character(Yeah I'm an Alt-oholic)
I start to kill the stuff that comes at me and runs around me.
And then they appear - the Greedy ones.
And yes they greed on my stuff...

It is sometimes hard to loot when you have more monsters on you that you can handle you are focusing in killing them and than you want to loot, so it happens that I'm Unable to loot in time.
For this sole purpose I got myself a bravery bag, even though when low on SP there is no way for me to take my loot in time.
I try to whisper them to stop greeding on my stuff, Same in general chat, however that does not help.
Its like throwing rocks against a wall.
- they either ignore me - in that case I report them as a BOT,
- or they say what do you expect this is AFK dungeon.

So, the question is, what I can do more to prevent that ...

Last time when I have found i nice Drainliar Card next to an AFKemist, I Have whispered her that there was this drop next to her and that I picked it up, and that when she comes back I can give it to her.
She nicely replied about 5-10 minutes later that it is ok and I can keep it.

what would solve it would be a nice BIG BANNER (COSTUME) stating "ONLINE" or "AFK" and make it a must costume to wear in OrcD2 :P

#2 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1945 posts
  • LocationInterior of the Midgards Allied Forces Post

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

As you said, proly most of them are bots, and the problem is noone is there to enforce rules.

You can report suspicious players throgh the FAQ page on the official website.

Regards
a little hair, a lot of beard and a baby!

#3 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Arc Angeling]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6293 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

Most of the time, when a Greeder sees you're not afk, he will not take your items; sometimes, the greeder sees you too late... But if you pm him, he would give back the loots; but there are always a few as..ole, as everywhere...

Anyway, all the Alchis who go to this dungeon know that their items can be taken by anyone else (and so, they can themselves take the items from the others). They must accept this fact.

*From time to time, I got to OD2; I'm not a bot.
¤ Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

¤ Caractéristique du fRO serveur: maintenant, si t'as pas un milliard, t'es z'un clochard ! (Eh oui, c'est la crise ma bonne dame, c'est la cri-seeuuh...)

#4 spot4me

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Yeah some of the greeders are working like this -> I Whisper him first line of chat regarding it an o the second line he is gone - Offline, 10-15 minutes and hes is back, I try to whisper him and he goes offline again. 10-15 minutes and he is back sitting in orc hut entrance to level 2 right on the portal so it is hard to actually get his name.
Well ok, they are alchemist I take that but I was there with my hunter/bard/and yeah alchemist,but using mamonite to kill/knight/monk/wizz. and I had no mercenary with me as I prefer to kill them myself using my skills :P
And yes I use the report a LOT to my taste :D

#5 Bookish Brenda

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

Record your events in the dungeon using the replay functionality and send it in. You might be able to get the repeat offenders banned that way.
Posted Image

#6 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Taken from the rules thread:

2. Looting
Looting is the theft of items which are dropped by monsters, a security game feature prevent any user apart from the attacker(s) to pick up the dropped item(s) during 10 seconds. After this time period the item(s) can be picked up by anyone else and thus does not represent a case of looting anymore.

In other words: The ones, who can take the loot, are alowed to take the loot.

It may suck, but isnt reportable.

#7 Bourdu

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Sorry to say, but in Orc Dungeon (especially level 2) you can loot to your heart content.
80-90% of people are afk so that won't disturb them. There are so much loot on ground that's bot heaven.

#8 spot4me

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

During WOE Times is heaven for leveling. it is only half Full :D

#9 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

Funny part: You say those are all bots but still noone ever reports them. I doubt that those are teleporting so if you think it's a bot, write down the name and send a ticket.

But yes, if one is able to loot an item he is allowed to loot it. If it takes you to long killing monsters you shouldprobably look for a bit more crowded place in the dungeon or try a different place with less/weaker monsters (or, but this is a totally crazy option, level active and make way better exp by actually playing the game instead of feeding a homunc once an hour.... but psssht, this is a secret, noone seems to know it yet).
Posted Image

#10 Bookish Brenda

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 21 January 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

But yes, if one is able to loot an item he is allowed to loot it.

If you ask a player to stop looting your items and he/she keeps greeding you every minute, doesn't that fall under harassment?
Posted Image

#11 -shiro-

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostBookish Brenda, on 21 January 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

If you ask a player to stop looting your items and he/she keeps greeding you every minute, doesn't that fall under harassment?

But it's allowed. Otherwise you could ask things like "Could you stop killing my MVP?" or "This is my place to level, go away."
(If you're unlucky, you would be the reported person because of your question.)

#12 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

"Could you stop killing my MVP?"
Nope, on old euro it stands in the game rules, that mvps free for all, also their loot.
But loot from normal monsters not, so also this "buggy" loot protection was over you had to ask the killer if you can have it (or he was go away so you could see he doesnt want it)
So many player still play with these rules.
But now with fro we know they dont care. So its easier to say "if the loot protection is over, its free" than do the GM Job.

But something is right.
If you want your loot for you, dont go OD 2. Its the "everything is free to do" Dungeon.

#13 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 21 January 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Funny part: You say those are all bots but still noone ever reports them.

How to identyfy gentetics who bot (autoffeed) or just beeing afk? Something that is (nearly) impossible for players as for you. You just have put the homunclus window with the feed icon, below the ok button and then tell your mouse to do some double clicks in a not periodicly time, like 9,10,13,8, 9, 11,8,11 min,or even 63, 59, 58, etc..... . So no problem to bot over night. You dont even have to have a minimum of technical understand.

#14 -shiro-

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostWink, on 21 January 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Nope, on old euro it stands in the game rules, that mvps free for all, also their loot.

That was my point. MVPs are free for all, even from BBs. So if you ask a person to stop killing "your" MVP you are wrong. Same thing for the loot: if it can be greeded, it isn't under protection anymore. So it's free for all and you can't claim on it. So no harassment (in my opinion), at least from the greeders side (could be harassment coming from your side because of spamming PMs about claiming free things [MVP example]).

#15 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

you dont get it what i want to say.
you cant compare mvp rules with normal monster rules. There is also no protection to avoid from killstealing, so its also ok to steal kills?

#16 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostWink, on 21 January 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

you dont get it what i want to say.
you cant compare mvp rules with normal monster rules. There is also no protection to avoid from killstealing, so its also ok to steal kills?

If she doesnt get what you want to say, it maybe that its hard to get your point, because I also dont get it.

1st: We are not on old EuRo, things are different: That may be good in some ways, while may not be in other ways.

2nd: Why not comparring rules? Rules are rules (even if I also dont like some, while others I like)

3rd: Its explicit allowed to attack MvP and summoned monster, its explicit allowed to take the loot you can (why this rule or if its a good one, is something different to discuss), but its explicit forbidden to killsteal, so why should it be okay?

#17 -shiro-

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

Nope, I don't really get your point.
I'm not sure if I should continue explaning...
MVPs are free for all, so you can't claim on it. Loot is free for all (after the 10 seconds protection, just look in the rules), so you can't claim on it either. Monster are not free, and I never said that KS is okay (because it's not).
It may be hard for the slow looters (and if you have a mob of 20 monster it's normal that you can't loot at all), but rule is rule and what should you/Gravity do to prevent the items you dropped from greeding (at least you have those ten seconds)?

I'm out on that now, my poor nerves Posted Image

#18 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

ok also for you.
The loot protection is also aktiv at MvP loot. So why should there it be allowed to loot? Right, because it stands in in de Game Rules. (Even the Game Mechanic work against it).
And so its also with the loot from Monster. It stands (or stood at least on old Euro) also in the Rules you are not allowed to take loot from other player (even you can take it because the simple protection allowed it) if he want it also.

Now get the point?
You say "i am allowed to loot because the game mechanic allowed it" so i say "i am allowed to kill steal because the game mechanic allowed it".
And so you cant compare a game mechanic (take the loot after 10 seconds) with a written Rule (mvp ffa).

#19 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

Now get the point?
You say "i am allowed to loot because the game mechanic allowed it" so i say "i am allowed to kill steal because the game mechanic allowed it".
And so you cant compare a game mechanic (take the loot after 10 seconds) with a written Rule (mvp ffa).

It is a written rule, that you are allowed to take the loot of every monster you can. You may have missed that, otherwise i really dont understand you.

#20 Kaw!k

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostWink, on 21 January 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

Now get the point?

He says "i am allowed to loot because it's a written rule" while you say "i am allowed to kill steal because the game mechanic allowed it". It's two different things.

For example, game mechanic sometime allow to duplicate item, but you can't do it because it's forbidden by a written rule.

Do you see the difference now ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users