Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Madea Gwyn

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

fuck it- sorry I spent an hour or so writing something long and nice but then my browser decided to be an asshole. so here the shorter and probably not so nice version.

it's nice you use textures and you're taking big steps forward! but I got three tips for you-

1:
look into anatomy on an almost medical level. you'll not only be able to relax and massage your own stiff muscles better and have an excuse to look at pictures of sexy buff/curvy people, but also see for example what's so awkward about this sweet girl's breast, shoulder and armpit. helpful resources for that are tutorials and studies of other artists on sites like deviantart or tumblr. on tumblr there're loads of blogs that accumulate such, like drawingden, anatoref, posereference, only to name a few. I don't look at them all the time and don't read every post, but they appear on my dash and while I scroll over them I learn while not even really looking at them. putting refs as my desktop bg helped me with learning how to draw dicks for example :P

2:
it's great you're already using textures, but put them on the right size, opacity and form. rn they're too big sometimes to be realistic, a too strong difference to the other areas and while you draw round boobs, the knit is straight in all directions. if you got issues to visualize that in your head, maybe take an apple or such and a knitted sweater and stretch it over the apple. you can resize the texture, cut them into parts and transform them so they follow the lines of the form, and then maybe put the opacity some down so the few not perfect places (there always will be) aren't as obvious ... but only a small help to make the image more lively and interesting.

3:
try to use not only white and black for hightlights and shadows. no real shadow is only black and most, non glossy, items aren't paler (aka white-er) when in light. try to experiment with multiply and screen layers and different colors. for example, I usually use these colors here and blend them into each other

Posted Image

sorry if I'm sounding rude x)" but I don't have much time tonight anymore and say it either like this or not at all.
so - let us soon see more of your arts :D

#63 Wolyahwa

Moonlight Flower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationPayon Cave

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users