A few basic questions.

530 replies to this topic

#1 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:16 AM

7) Did anyone test Double Attack (for example from the snake hat) on a pistol Gunslinger with Chain action maxed ? Extremely curious how does that work - do you get 2 hits because these don't stack, 3 because only one of these would be doubled? Or perhaps 4?

10) How is >this< possible:
Posted Image

A +5 upgrade despite "cannot be upgraded"?

========================================================================================================================
We already know:
1a) Assuming that I put a PecoPeco Egg card (Increase damage of attacks inflicted on Formless monsters by 20%.) in my weapon and go kill some formless mobs. Will i get +20% dmg on every physical attack, be it regular melee and ranged hits as well as special attacks such as Cart Revo, Grimtooth, Rolling Cutter, etc?
1b) Will this card's effect stack? If i put 4 in a weapon, will I get +80% dmg?

2) Upgrades:
2a) Do we have the Enriched Hammer event?
2b) What's the correct order of improving a weapon/armor: first upgrade, then enchant, then add the cards?
2c) Is Mastersmith's Upgrade Weapon skill of any use compared to the NPC upgrade? or is it only decent for the low level upgrades? How do the Refine deeds fit into this profession?

3) What are generally good alts to have (aside from the obvious merchant vending totem):
- Endow Slave,
- Inc Agi + Blessing + Warp Portal (is this one even useful) Acolyte
- Biochemist Potcrafter ?
- Mastersmith for Upgrade Weapon ?

Any other profs??

3) Caress ( http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13067/ ) - is the "leech 10% of dmg as hp" a 100% chance of a proc occurring? Meaning that I'll always heal with this dagger? Or is the description on IroWiki correct and the chance is 2% for a heal of 10% of the dmg done?
Also: is the weapon gained from the quest or through some other means?

4) What is Poring Box doing?

5) Can anyone tell me or help me find the actual % chance for "Release of Wish" to proc the regain? IROWiki mentions 10% but that's definitely not correct (at least it doesn't seem to be, considered it barely triggers with several mobs and Fire Ball).

6) Is Cauda Daemonica changing you into a succub if you don't have the horn equipped?

8) How do %chance weapon cards work? On the example of Mutant Dragonoid Card - if i input two of these cards into a gun, do i get a 10% chance of Meteor Storm occurring?

9) What do you get out of RWC 2011 Heat Box? Any RWC related item, be it hat, pendant, ring or w/e?Thanks!

Edited by jokeUsa, 02 June 2016 - 06:59 PM.

Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#2 -shiro-

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

1a --> yes, but I think there are a few exeptions
1b --> yes

#3 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • LocationInterior of the Midgards Allied Forces Post

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

1a) yes you will get bonus damage, but i think % damage only affected your weapon / Item attack and not your status attack (status attack is the first number and weapon/item attack is the second number in the stats window whre ATK is displayed).
Meaning if you you have a relatively low weapon/item attack the 20% damage card will not give you much damage and you might be better off using something like Andre/Zipper Bear/ Hillsrion cards.

Please bear in mind i could be completely wrong about this.

1b)yes the effect will stack.

Regards
a little hair, a lot of beard and a baby!

#4 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

Thanks! Added more questions, knowledge is power!

Edit: also, can anyone confirm whether boneto is correct or wrong on the % damage affecting only weapon or status attack?
EDIT2: omg WHY is this game pre-installed with /effects off?????????????? It looks TONS better with everything on...i just noticed this command while going through the console manual on wiki, what the hell....

#5 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

2a - Nope - we don't need that.
2b - enchant, then upgrade and finally put cards in.
2c - it is usefull when at job lvl 70 and when ur upgrading cheap shit, i guess. I've never used it and i would't risk enchanting expensive/rare weapons.

I guess some ppl have endow slaves, but i mainly use converters, which i make with my sage.
I have a 150/50 AB slave - extremely usefull for my RK.
Ugh, biochemist potcrafter - i have that too, but i don't use it much - its expensive to get all the right gear plus it takes a lot of time to gather all the materials for crafting plus it takes time.
I don't have that, yet. Eventhough i have started one, and i'm sure some ppl use it.

All in all i would recommend getting that High Priest/Arch Bishop = i think it's most usefull.

View PostjokeUsa, on 22 May 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Edit: also, can anyone confirm whether boneto is correct or wrong on the % damage affecting only weapon or status attack? -
This is true for some situations, i don't know if for all. It also depends on how the skill atk is calculated because each skill has a different formula and you can check them out on iRO wiki.

View PostjokeUsa, on 22 May 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

EDIT2: omg WHY is this game pre-installed with /effects off?????????????? It looks TONS better with everything on...i just noticed this command while going through the console manual on wiki, what the hell.... -
it's not a big deal - you can always turn it on/off whenever you want.

Regards

#6 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

View Postboneto666, on 22 May 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

2b - enchant, then upgrade and finally put cards in.

I have a 150/50 AB slave - extremely usefull for my RK.

Ugh, biochemist potcrafter - i have that too, but i don't use it much - its expensive to get all the right gear plus it takes a lot of time to gather all the materials for crafting plus it takes time.

Thanks once again! Follow up though:
- why is upgrade second? Can enchants destroy a weapon/armor?
- gear? I need specific gear to craft potions?

Ugh, AB....the one and only prof that i will not make in this game is the most useful....yay :|

#7 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Arc Angeling]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

"Gear to craft potions" means stuff to maximise your stats Dex, Luk and Int (=> enchants, cards...).
¤ Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

¤ Caractéristique du fRO serveur: maintenant, si t'as pas un milliard, t'es z'un clochard ! (Eh oui, c'est la crise ma bonne dame, c'est la cri-seeuuh...)

#8 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostjokeUsa, on 22 May 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Thanks once again! Follow up though:
- why is upgrade second? Can enchants destroy a weapon/armor?
- gear? I need specific gear to craft potions?

1. Yes some enchants can destroy the item, proly most. Also some other enchants will remove all upgrades/cards in the item (i don't know whcih xD).
2. What Tabris said. The gear + cards required to have high success will proly cost you arround 1 b ? Also you will need Arch Bishop for the crafting, and maybe a Soul Linker :).

Regards

#9 Karuna-tan

Bioderp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3236 posts
  • LocationEl Dicastes

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:08 AM

View Postboneto666, on 22 May 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

The gear + cards required to have high success will proly cost you arround 1 b

Understatement. My current brewer has gears that are worth more than 1b in total.
I might be an arch bishop, but I can't heal stupidity.
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

I buy and sell (and adopt) stuffs here.

Translator's note: keikaku means plan

#10 Renault

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

Currently 2 main enchant options so depends on the one you want. Mora can fail and break the mora gear but some depend on the gears refine to get so that must be risked if you want the highest enchant possible for them. Stat enchant can destroy the gear.

Malangdo is safe regardless of refine level or cards placed in it as those enchants do not break or fail at all; just a very large time normally spent to get what one wants as a 'perfect' enchanting list.

As a note about the card and its effect stacking, normally it is best to use 3 of one card and the fourth of another; example being the pecopeco egg card you mentioned. Three pecopeco egg cards and a race, size, or element modifier over all will get a slight increase in non skill damage yet could result in a thousand or more damage with skills. The problem there becomes if it is a general use weapon or a specialized one. Though be aware when the weapon comes to MvPs it becomes very specific on which weapon being used and what class for the killing.

Specialized with rolling cutter for example: four caramel dealt lower damage then three caramel and a kaho on Scaraba. Have actually tried this with the same weapon base just change of cards.
In Game Names:Delten, Hresvelgr, Talatsu, Sandite.

#11 Bourdu

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

It's generally easier to sell elements on the market and buying foods / pots from others players rather than having your own geneticist crafter.
Anyway, with a Ministrel / Wanderer (Marionnette Control) + AB with gloria + foods, you have decent rates for most of the craft on a Mvp Geneticist (a pure brewer is better but is worth the bother only if you craft a lot).

#12 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

Thanks once again! A few more just came up:

3) Caress ( http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13067/ ) - is the "leech 10% of dmg as hp" a 100% chance of a proc occurring? Meaning that I'll always heal with this dagger? Or is the description on IroWiki correct and the chance is 2% for a heal of 10% of the dmg done?
Also: is the weapon gained from the quest or through some other means?

5) Can anyone tell me or help me find the actual % chance for "Release of Wish" to proc the regain? IROWiki mentions 10% but that's definitely not correct (at least it doesn't seem to be, considered it barely triggers with several mobs and Fire Ball).

6) Is Cauda Daemonica changing you into a succub if you don't have the horn equipped?

7) Did anyone test Double Attack (for example from the snake hat) on a pistol Gunslinger with Chain action maxed ? Extremely curious how does that work - do you get 2 hits because these don't stack, 3 because only one of these would be doubled? Or perhaps 4?

8) How do %chance weapon cards work? On the example of Mutant Dragonoid Card - if i input two of these cards into a gun, do i get a 10% chance of Meteor Storm occurring?

9) What do you get out of RWC 2011 Heat Box? Any RWC related item, be it hat, pendant, ring or w/e?

Edited by jokeUsa, 29 May 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#13 Patzkall

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostjokeUsa, on 28 May 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Poring Box summons 1 random Poring Type Monster ;) including chance for the Mini Bosses (Deviling, Ghostring, Arc Angeling ...)

9) What do you get out of RWC 2011 Heat Box? Any RWC related item, be it hat, pendant, ring or w/e?
RWC 2011 Heat Box

Cat 1:
1 Guarantee Armor8Up
1 Guarantee Weapon8Up
1 Magic Card Album
Cat 2:
1 Guarantee Armor7Up
1 Guarantee Weapon7Up
5 Acid Bomb Box(10)
Cat 3:
3 Summon Female GameMaster Scroll
1 Necromancer's Hood
1 Angel Of Ghost
1 Old Card Album
Cat 4:
10 Lucky Rice Cake, 10 Rainbow Cake, 10 Honey Pastry and 10 Sesame Pastry
3 Party Assumptio 5 Scroll
3 Party Increase Agi 10 Scroll
3 Party Blessing 10 Scroll
1 Superior Battle Manual

Full random Box List: http://forum.ragnaro...d-whats-inside/

Posted Image

#14 Hell Hound

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Most likely the 2% chance to get 10% HP.

10% seems to be accurate, the most common usecase is vertical firewall or storm gust with release of wish. From own experience, if you lure a mob into a vertical firewall (means a firewall set to your side, so the mob has to go through all 3 flelds to reach you), you should never have any issues regarding SP on a mage class. Fireball is only 1 hit, and you need at least ~100 hits to get an acceptable average (with a 10% chance, it is not uncommon to get 30 hits wiouth effect, or several hits in a row which trigger)

No, it is a set effect - only if you equip both horns and the accessoire, you have a chance to transform into a succubus or incubus.

They are rolled independently, so it is 5% for the first, and 5% for the second. Not sure if more than one triggered skill can happen simultaneously, but I assume so.
At least with drop effects (like snowier cards, which belong into accesoires and give a chance of dropping ice cream each time you kill a monster), you can get 2 items with 2 cards at once.

Be aware, that for triggered skills there is a basic rule: active skills don't trigger effect skils from gear. You can not trigger a lex aterna from owl/baron card with a fireball (actively used skill), but you could trigger it with reflect shield or a thorny buckler combo (as well as auto attacks, of course).
full featured international market watch for fRo:
Posted Image

#15 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

Thanks a lot again folks!

We're left with:

10) How is THIS possible:
Posted Image

A +5 upgrade despite "Cannot be upgraded"?

and a followup:

View PostHell Hound, on 31 May 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Most likely the 2% chance to get 10% HP.
10% seems to be accurate, the most common usecase is vertical firewall or storm gust with release of wish. From own experience, if you lure a mob into a vertical firewall (means a firewall set to your side, so the mob has to go through all 3 flelds to reach you), you should never have any issues regarding SP on a mage class. Fireball is only 1 hit, and you need at least ~100 hits to get an acceptable average (with a 10% chance, it is not uncommon to get 30 hits wiouth effect, or several hits in a row which trigger)

Waaaaaaaaaait, so any %trigger occurs per me not per target? For example: say I've got a zerg of 10000 mobs, shoot a Fireball into it and hit every mob - do i get 10000 * 10% chance for the regen proc to occur OR do i get ONE 10% chance because I've shot Fireball only once?
If the latter then all such cards are actually quite useless on all caster classes and basically anyone with low ASPD, correct? :(

View PostHell Hound, on 31 May 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Be aware, that for triggered skills there is a basic rule: active skills don't trigger effect skils from gear. You can not trigger a lex aterna from owl/baron card with a fireball (actively used skill), but you could trigger it with reflect shield or a thorny buckler combo (as well as auto attacks, of course).
I'm not sure I fully understand this - what are active skills, what are effect skills? Does that mean that I can't trigger anything with Cart Revolution / Cart Cannon?

Thanks!

#16 Bourdu

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostjokeUsa, on 02 June 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Waaaaaaaaaait, so any %trigger occurs per me not per target? For example: say I've got a zerg of 10000 mobs, shoot a Fireball into it and hit every mob - do i get 10000 * 10% chance for the regen proc to occur OR do i get ONE 10% chance because I've shot Fireball only once?
If the latter then all such cards are actually quite useless on all caster classes and basically anyone with low ASPD, correct? :(
Correct. It's usually useless on caster classes (you're not supposed to lose many HP and they have a very good SP regen) but VERY useful on ASPD class with AoE skills (Arrow Storm for the ranger to regain SP, sky blow for the Sura to regain HP,...).
Incubus pet is awesome to regain SP.

#17 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostBourdu, on 02 June 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Correct. It's usually useless on caster classes (you're not supposed to lose many HP and they have a very good SP regen) but VERY useful on ASPD class with AoE skills (Arrow Storm for the ranger to regain SP, sky blow for the Sura to regain HP,...).
Incubus pet is awesome to regain SP.
Yea but the penalty and bother to keep it Incubus up is meh :| Besides, I can't have an Incubus along with a Homun, right?

Also, to be precise: if I have Owl Duke and Owl Baron card, I will never trigger them with Cart Revolution or Cart Cannon?

#18 Bourdu

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:06 AM

Pet & homunculus are 2 different things and you can have both.
For the second part, I think that card effect cannot be triggerered by an active skill (but i'm not sure).

#19 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1767 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostBourdu, on 03 June 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

Pet & homunculus are 2 different things and you can have both.
For the second part, I think that card effect cannot be triggerered by an active skill (but i'm not sure).

Thanks! But then - is a pet falling under the 'Mercenary' category? Or can a Geneticist have a Homun, a Pet AND a Mercenary?
Also, what are effect skills and what are Active Skills? Are the latter the ones that need to be cast? Or ones that have a cast time? Or...?

#20 Karuna-tan

Bioderp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3236 posts
  • LocationEl Dicastes

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Pet is a pet, not a mercenary. Pets don't even behave the same way mercenaries do.
I might be an arch bishop, but I can't heal stupidity.
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

I buy and sell (and adopt) stuffs here.

Translator's note: keikaku means plan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users