Real or Spam?

291 replies to this topic

#21 Rehmädchen

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

yes, classic one of course. I wouldnt mind changes that Speed up the leveling/gearing process tho. iRO community is evry different from the EU community back in the day. (or the pserver community) I didnt have half as much fun playing on the iRO Server (and no not because of the lag or anythin) it was simply because the community was so different. (especially the pvp community, which was non existent and not very challenging, if you knew Euro chaos pvp back in the day you know what Im talking about) And this alone makes it worthwhile to come back and Play it as my main and only game because nothing ive played ever since came Close to this.

#22 Volvox

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

This is kinda funny.. other providers are merging their servers, if the population gets low. Gravity Europe is creating new ones?

If it would be exactly the same (iShop, Premium, etc.), the only thing happening would be the dissolving of every existing item
and zeny. So people willing to invest a lot of real money would get an insane headstart, further increasing the existing gap.

If its without payment options, either pre- or post-renewal, this would still only split up the already low population. Also there are a lot
of questiones left unanswered. Whos paying for this? Will maintenance take longer? What about items from the iShop-/Ambernite?

Having a classic pre-renewal server, without cash-items sounds nice, tough new players on there will neither spend(resp cant spend) any money nor
improve the situation on the current server, whereas existing players would still consider the character on the current server as their main one.
So after all, itd be a fun feature, but Im afraid thats it(take a look at iRO..).

In addition, this would come with a need for a lot of extra administration and server performance.
To be honest, thats nothing working 100% fine on this server.

View PostOswald, on 08 March 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

The whole problem is, that the server isn't beginner friendly anymore. iRO saw it coming and changed a lot of content in order to meet demands for new players. fRO never did and we ended up with a server with only veteran players. Getting a new server with pre-renewal content will not change anything.

Totally agree. If fRO really wants to adress new players it has to update the eden headquarters as well as the training grounds.
Bad translations, at least the german one, definitely scare them away too. They should also overhaul the homepage..
More information on the actual game, like within the "General Information"-section, as well as correct and current details about
Premium- and Infinity-Service would deliver a more trustworthy and reliable impression. Also: keep the client download up-to-date..

Together with server stability and having game breaking bugs fixed, these issues are way more pressing than the urge for another server.

View PostOswald, on 08 March 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Also this server is way behind when it comes to updates.

iRO is also way behind agewise. Were catching up /no1

#23 Adorable

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNitro - Leader

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

I think a new server is a super risky move. On one hand it can work out and fro will get many old/new players back to the game for a pre renewal server. On the other hand they are fcked if they dont get them. Then the population will split and both servers will be dead.

If they do a pre renewal server, they should think about higher rates because many ppl forgot how hard pre renewal was. Most ppl dont have the time for so much grinding anymore.

#24 SuarezTheGreat

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

pre renewal is a really bad idea. Look how iRO classic is.
Image IPB

#25 Mooji

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Just got this to my email and was pleasantly surprised. I haven't been playing for years and would definetly come back to a server with a fresh start.

Personally I would want it to be Renewal as that is where new content is created in the long run. Pre-Renewal I am skeptical about as there would be no new content created...

Anyway, I am hyped that this is under consideration! EuRO is the best RO experience I've ever had. :)

#26 Songooo

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

Spammy email was good move, the idea not so much but even bad advertisement is good advertisement.

You can start fresh on curent server with no problem. As i repeated many times first 99lvl is in first week and 99 advanced in second week with a little guide on how to.

Pre-renewal - i dont care, wanted to play on renewal maybe it drag new people and i guess would not hurt current server. Even some stuff like was alliance page, when you play on classic server youll get poring points that you can spent on renewall, that could be cool. And possibility to transfer classic char (lvl + class) to renewal server.

New Renewal server - well that would kill if not both, old one for sure.

Tnx for carats doh ;)
Life is but a dream.

#27 MrPerry

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

I just reset my forum PW to write my opinion , first i must say many here are right a new server is risky but many will come back. Honestly i would prefer a Reset one the main server because the Inflation of items and Zeny is just to high, but anyways if there will be a new Server i will play like 12 hours a day and will feel like my old 14 year old self ( im 26 now). My englisch is not the best but man after getting the email i just needed to go here in the forum :D

PS: Hopefully this will be not too long till we may get a new server :D

#28 Trust_Me

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

Bei mir funktioniert das leider nicht. ich kann weder den link anklicken, und wenn ich es kopiere dann passiert gar nichts :(

Ok musste es eingeben nu funktionierts .

#29 Toasterer

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

i feel this as a very risky option as well

IF you would do it, in my opinion only a classic server without 3rd class and a really reduced ishop (maybe only exp items?) should be the option

#30 Volvox

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

So we got one third wishing for a pre-renewal server(ie nostalgia), one third wishing for a server without payment(who doenst like playing for free)
and the last third, which Id like to ask: what exactly would make you start again on a new server, thats exactly the same as the current one, except for being wiped?
(no sarcasm, serious question!)

This whole thing looks like Gravity Europe wants to wipe the server, because theyve given up on regaining control of the economy, but dont want to take away
peoples stuff, especially what has been paid with real money.

#31 Thanos-Averroes

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

No HE ORI/ELU
No Armor or WeaponUP. Only normal UP.

IN futur Ishop only Bubble or Battle manuel and costum with no stat. Costum than you can choose yourself, no box !

Don't put Transcendant class at the beginning. 6 month later can be good.

Moment of start this pre renewal : Niffheim-Umbala. A server old school !!!!

Edit : No Ambernite game !

#32 Lostris

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

I honestly thought it was a joke.

The actual server is dead and the reason is that it was administrated in the worst way possible.
You have cheaters, scammers, bots, ebayers, running around freely since years. Everyone knows that.
How would this be different in a new server?

And also: this game is a really old game now. How many new players you think it can attract? And how many of the old players have now the will or even the time to do what they have done already 12 years ago ?

As a former player, I wouldn´t come back. And as I already spoke with some of my guilds, they didn´t look even remotely interested either (they won´t probably bother enough to log here and write it down).

But, I wish you good luck in your new project ^^ .
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 Fresh

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

1. New pre-renewal server:

New 100-200 players enjoin old school game for a couple of month, then get boring: no new content , no new players. Leaving from server -> Pre Renewal server dead

2. New Regular server (similar to Chaos):

Old players too lazy to start from 0. Population will split. New server would be great for half year until bots destroy economics again. -> Both servers half dead.

In my opinion the best way it can be done: keep going with new updates like you did last half year. Get good software to prevent server from bots, autopoting and other software stuff.

#34 Baca-Te

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

Der eine server geht ja nicht mal richtig warum wollen die dan nen 2ten machen damit der eine noch weniger Player hat oder wie ich finde es schwachsinnig einen 2ten server zu machen da dan wie gesagt die Spieler auf den neuen gehen aber wen ihr das macht und ihr dan nicht mehr auf den alten spielen wollt gebt mir euer eq mvp card und gl aber wie gesagt es ist schade weil ein Server wird nicht laufen

#35 Gladius

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostLostris, on 09 March 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

I honestly thought it was a joke.

The actual server is dead and the reason is that it was administrated in the worst way possible.
You have cheaters, scammers, bots, ebayers, running around freely since years. Everyone knows that.
How would this be different in a new server?

And also: this game is a really old game now. How many new players you think it can attract? And how many of the old players have now the will or even the time to do what they have done already 12 years ago ?

As a former player, I wouldn´t come back. And as I already spoke with some of my guilds, they didn´t look even remotely interested either (they won´t probably bother enough to log here and write it down).

But, I wish you good luck in your new project ^^ .
+1 Posted Image
¤Asgards¤ guilde française pve/woe recrute ! http://www.asgardguild.eu

#36 Nanouki

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

I need to say... as veteran player I like the idea of starting new. Took me ages (no joke) to get my first chars to priest & wizzard,
but I was happy with it. Was just sitting around, managing my funguild and chatting with others. Maybe these times will come back,
if it's pre-renewal, without blinky-stat gears or guarantee-upgrade items.

Or maybe you should just add the old gears as costumes (i looooove costumes ... *~*).

Posted Image

#37 MRess

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

It was the creation of a new server that led to the end of the RuOff server. The game is old, do not count on the influx of new players, and the old players, having lost everything they spent time, money, effort - will leave. And this will be the end of the project ... the agony stretched for 1-3 years

PS I apologize for Google translation.

#38 Eruza Sukãretto

Titania

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4646 posts
  • LocationVaucluse

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

back to old days and fight tough monster with a classic level ,yeah i like this idea ,to be honnest the 3rd class make me bored some days . A pre-renewal server could be really nice for hardcore and old class players.

Image IPBImage IPB

Twitch Partner/CEO Fairy Tail TV
http://myanimelist.n...melist/heikichi

Twitter :heikichi29

https://twitter.com/heikichi29

youtube :heikichi1/Eruza Sukãretto

https://www.youtube.com/user/heikichi1

Twitch : Eruza_Sukaretto_84

https://www.twitch.tv/eruza_sukaretto_84

Nous vivons avec la fierté dans le nom de notre guilde,cet emblème que nous avons gravé sur nous n'est pas simplement la pour faire joli.C'est la preuve de notre lien en tant que famille.Liant nos destins ensemble,nous mettons nos vies en jeu.Peu importe qui piétinera sur ce vœu sacré.Qu'il soit bon ou mauvais je le découperai.C'est ce que ça veut dire vivre dans une guilde.

#39 amok

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Locationoff topic

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

the staff seems totally overstrained with one small server, and then open another?
There is some logic involved

#40 Sheeon

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationGliese 1214b

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

I would love to play pre Renew woe again....
Woe without op chaser/sura/Ranger or without crystalize/howling<3

But i dont think its a good idea in the end q.q
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users