BOT

18 replies to this topic

#1 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

I catch it, name Goliath ("o" letter as a 0 . zero).
My name Probababa: Geffen field 04 (Geffen north gate).
I forced him to go around the gate..

Look at him!

#2 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/faq/292
>BOT REPORT & 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS

or what probably works faster is pm-ing a community helper on the forums.

It's not good if you shout out that a character is a bot publicly and in the end he is not. That would hurt legit players names.
Though I believe you can clearly notice bots.
Posted Image B> Event Angeling Coin 12m ea
my ro-db shop
Spoiler
Posted Image (The original since 2005)

#3 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1946 posts
  • LocationInterior of the Midgards Allied Forces Post

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

Kill it with fire !

Regards
a little hair, a lot of beard and a baby!

#4 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

has gone...

#5 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostFuzzy., on 26 April 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/faq/292 >BOT REPORT & 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS or what probably works faster is pm-ing a community helper on the forums. It's not good if you shout out that a character is a bot publicly and in the end he is not. That would hurt legit players names. Though I believe you can clearly notice bots.

Dear Fuzzy if somebody goes 13463x on same route, it is not human..

#6 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I made a mistake... it is on the field yet...

#7 BoneHead

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:39 AM

Sorry but i go to that field allot to lvl up my Aco in lack of a party and run it 13463X if needed to get some lvl's , das it say i am botting ?

As i know a BOT dasn't want to show its name , so they run around with lots of Fly Wings or a teleport belt (or something els) .

so if you come to close to see there name they teleport and even leave there loot .

that's for me a indication that there are some Bot's running around , still it dasn't say they are BOT's unless it's by a GM or BOT-team investigated .

So Report it and let them do there job .

Posted Image

Its better to BURN out than FADE away .

1 part brave 3 parts a fool

#8 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostBoneHead, on 19 May 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

As i know a BOT dasn't want to show its name , so they run around with lots of Fly Wings or a teleport belt (or something els) .
Fun fact: they don't need items or skills to teleport, let's just say for "reasons". It's a very old core thing of the client they never bothered changing as far as I'm aware.
Teleporting bots are the most obvious out there, and since it's so very obvious they often go without teleporting. They also won't teleport from GMs in gm-hide since, as far as i remember clients don't receive any info about characters in gm-hide.
I think some even log out for a while after having their teleport triggered, too often.

Bots often have a very distinct movement. The oldest bots i know always moved along walls to walk the closest path to a random destination on the map.
Most current ones walk in the center of pathways, this is especially noticable on maps like morrocs pyramid or sphinx.

The last time I read about what they can and can't do they were even able to respond to messages, in a very simple way but they did chat.

So if you think you see a bot don't interact with him and during working hours send GMs a ticket using the website : http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/faq/292 > BOT REPORT & 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS
After working hours It might become difficult since I'm not sure if there are any dedicated bot hunters anymore. But if you find a community helper they might be able to help? maybe, on eof them would have to clarify that.^^
Posted Image B> Event Angeling Coin 12m ea
my ro-db shop
Spoiler
Posted Image (The original since 2005)

#9 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

Dear Fuzzy, I want to emphasize: to find and eliminate the bots are not the players' task. The players only suffer from them.

#10 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostFuzzy., on 19 May 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

After working hours It might become difficult since I'm not sure if there are any dedicated bot hunters anymore. But if you find a community helper they might be able to help? maybe, on eof them would have to clarify that.^^

You can report them at any time, we will check the reported chars/accounts as soon as possible. And yes, there are bot hunters that check all maps at different times frequently. And I also kill bots every now and then (even in the middle of the night /heh )

View PostAvenger2, on 17 June 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Dear Fuzzy, I want to emphasize: to find and eliminate the bots are not the players' task. The players only suffer from them.

While this is correct, we appreciate if you tell us if you encounter a possible bot. For 1 bot reported by players we remove 10-20. So we do remove a lot of them on our own but always appreciate hints as RO has many maps and while we try to check as many maps as possible and at all times it is impossible to cover all maps 24/7. So while we usually find all of he bots sooner or later, your tips speed up the process /no1
Posted Image

#11 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMogadishu, Banadir, Somalia

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Can you be 100 % sure that it's a bot what if it's a Sm0l kid with autism that doesn't answer when anyone write to him... What if they banned him and he get sad... 😭😭 poor GMs they all probably got PTSD from this kind of job. I wanna confess my deepest gratitude to the GMs and the community helpers that doing this hard job and my deepest respect for keep doing this even if they go through a lot of hardship in their lives.

[Please reduce signature size]

Spoiler

#12 CH Garomi

Community Helper

• Moderators
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

A sad kid? A bot? Nah, his cat was walking over the keyboard over and over again and played withe the mouse :( Posted Image
Notice about recent scamming attempts. Please read this carefully. *Click*

#13 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

A sad kid? You mean his younger brother marco? Noone wants to play with him but he's good enough to endlessly farm stuff :( /heh
Posted Image

#14 amok

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Locationoff topic

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 18 June 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

A sad kid? You mean his younger brother marco? Noone wants to play with him but he's good enough to endlessly farm stuff :( /heh

Posted Image i dont have any older brother Posted Image but dali wants always to play with me /awsm
There is some logic involved

#15 Shinseiki

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostFuzzy., on 19 May 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Fun fact: they don't need items or skills to teleport, let's just say for "reasons". It's a very old core thing of the client they never bothered changing as far as I'm aware.
Teleporting bots are the most obvious out there, and since it's so very obvious they often go without teleporting. They also won't teleport from GMs in gm-hide since, as far as i remember clients don't receive any info about characters in gm-hide.
I think some even log out for a while after having their teleport triggered, too often.

Bots often have a very distinct movement. The oldest bots i know always moved along walls to walk the closest path to a random destination on the map.
Most current ones walk in the center of pathways, this is especially noticable on maps like morrocs pyramid or sphinx.

The last time I read about what they can and can't do they were even able to respond to messages, in a very simple way but they did chat.

As far as i know, everything is configurable (pathway and stuff) and yes they can respond but it's very simple, it's just a reaction to certain word, for exemple if you PM them the word "bot" they will respond "what i'm not a bot !" or something like that everytime.

At this moment (with the Drop Boost), i'm farming gef_dun00 for Hunter Fly Card to make money /heh and there is lot a bot there.

GM should download the bot to see and examine what it can do and stuff like that Posted Image
Personnage IG : Shinseiki / Anezarth / Nocturnom / Shinseido / Brouzouf

#16 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

We already banned couple of bots these days, also in gef_dun00.
Posted Image

#17 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 03 July 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

You also should visit DW and Anolians in GH at late night + Poison Spores (field) (ofcause).

#18 Shinseiki

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 03 July 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Oh by the way, is there a way to become an official Bot-Hunter ? :)
Personnage IG : Shinseiki / Anezarth / Nocturnom / Shinseido / Brouzouf

#19 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 17 June 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

You can report them at any time, we will check the reported chars/accounts as soon as possible. And yes, there are bot hunters that check all maps at different times frequently. And I also kill bots every now and then (even in the middle of the night /heh )

While this is correct, we appreciate if you tell us if you encounter a possible bot. For 1 bot reported by players we remove 10-20. So we do remove a lot of them on our own but always appreciate hints as RO has many maps and while we try to check as many maps as possible and at all times it is impossible to cover all maps 24/7. So while we usually find all of he bots sooner or later, your tips speed up the process /no1

My proposal is an official announcement: We will eliminate/disable without any hesitation ALL bots what we realize, including their users' account and those characters who give or accept items or zeny from them for free or not; no matter if these involved accounts are paid or not. You can appeal against this rule in max 24 hours after disabling. Do you accept this term, yes or no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users