Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • LocationInterior of the Midgards Allied Forces Post

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Where, where, where ?!

Regards
a little hair, a lot of beard and a baby!

#22 amok

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Locationoff topic

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

View Post#NotBannedThal, on 18 May 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

[#1001] Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on 25 May 2017 - 10:23 AM.

well at least you know how to bann ppl in the forum for a little thursday troll comment. Thx for my bann, but i think the community would feel better if you would bann some cheaters ig, and not pll for just editing a quote and writing.

"We didn't do much, but at least we didn't made it worse" /shy

yeah if you prefer that kind of action just give me an ip bann, or i will be back :D

i prefer nobody gets banned.
instead of wiping out the remaining players, get some new!

#23 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Postgreedy squirrel, on 18 May 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Can't you finally switch from this Windows-based crap software [which can't even be fixed by their own developers!] to some fast and well manageable Unix-based youknowwhatimean software?

Would be nice but how exactly would you then handle updates you get with your license (you paid for).. Check every update's content manually, then as you realize for example "oh, it's the Ghost Palace!" quickly fiddle the NPC scripts (in multiple languages), monster configuration / spawn entries and other stuff necessary for this update into your software-that-must-not-be-named server's directories and database? And it all has to work well with the client of which you'll never have the source code, all while pretending to Korea you're still running their software on your server (because I'm sure the license / terms of service won't allow such a thing)?
I don't think that would improve the overall situation. While some problems would be more easily fixed, this would create a whole bunch of new problems with stuff like packet versions.
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#24 Fuzzy.

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostShoushiken, on 18 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Would be nice but how exactly would you then handle updates you get with your license (you paid for)..
Keep one version for korea to play on, filled with bots to appear active and run one other server for the players with whatever they like on it :D
Posted ImageMy Item Shop | Posted ImageS> Phreeoni Card
< Shop Updated: 17.05.17 - 00:01 >
Spoiler

#25 greedy squirrel

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

It's hard to find a solution if the problem (except Korea can't fix "it") is not known in detail. At the moment we have stagnation or failure and both sucks. But what to do? Working on a live system is bähbäh. Setting up a whole new server with uptodate content and migrating all players? No idea, just do something...it's just sad to see that great game die because of some f*cked up software.

#26 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postgreedy squirrel, on 18 May 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

because of some f*cked up software.
Software only does what its designers tell it.

The problem of this server is not the software.
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#27 Midna78

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Meh... so the President quest can't still be finished in German.

#28 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Guys, what's up with the 3rd class headgears ?

There is a demand for them, and yet they are not being sold in the iShop.

What's the deal here ? Is there some problem in selling them in the iShop, do you not have licence to sell them or something, i'm really confused about this.

Regards

#29 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

View Postgreedy squirrel, on 18 May 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

But what to do? Working on a live system is bähbäh. Setting up a whole new server with uptodate content and migrating all players? No idea, just do something...it's just sad to see that great game die because of some f*cked up software.

I don't know. The real solution would be Korea doing an entire re-write of it all, by people who know what they're doing - which will never happen.
I've recently read a post by someone trying to write his own client and a profound analysis of the original client. Really interesting, contains clues about a bunch of poor design decisions. the software engineers having no clean design in mind, working on a hopelessly outdated code basis, along with not using hardware resources properly (the software rendering and CPU usage part). That is a bit off-topic here since it doesn't tell anything about the server, however from that you can take a guess what a mess in terms of software design the server must be.
Therefore, solutions like a clean re-install of such a broken piece of software won't probably fix too much.
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#30 greedy squirrel

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

I was skipping most of the programming classes, so just doing wild guesses here. Posted Image
Assembler was fun, then it got ugly pretty fast. Checking Steam for other fun MMORPG is also not (yet) an alternative for me...well it might be in the future, but ... meh.

#31 Fuzzy.

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

Shoushiken, on 18 May 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

*snip*
OMG, so much cool stuff, especially (i think) it's the first time i hear about Arcturus and how it pretty much looks like an earlier version of RO's early version. Really makes one nostalgic. It also looks like they recycled textures from it for RO (besides client sourcecode bits & pieces). /heh
It also reminded me how Gravity Korea probably can't do everything they like with RO, too. As they also just have licensed the Ragnarok "universe" for the game.
Spoiler

#32 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

Can someone[GM staff] confirm or deny if the "Ghost Palace" instance is planned to be released with the next update?

Regards

#33 Fuzzy.

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

It's more likely we get geffen tournament soon.
We have a lot of future content already in the client (for example geffen tournament stuffs). The ghost palace map doesn't seem to be there yet, an empty minimap is though.
Though Wave mode instance dungeon also just has empty minimap files and nothing else yet, too (same for devils tower and horror toy factory) and is announced for may, but we know their announcements are to take with a grain of salt.
Also seen many monsters of future updates already in there.
They might patch these maps in on patch day, but seeing as the geffen tournament map is already there and others not I kinda doubt it.

E:
Hairstyles 28 and 29 are also already there, this is torture. /sob
M...Make them available for the hairstylist in the VIP room at least. /rice
Spoiler

#34 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

boneto666, on 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Can someone[GM staff] confirm or deny if the "Ghost Palace" instance is planned to be released with the next update?
Regards
I think that, for now, they can confirm that they're TRYING to do something about the party bug....and SOMETHING about the implementation of the fix for the aforementioned bug....right?
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#35 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Well since all 3 of them:
#1 Devil's Tower
#2 Geffen Magic Tournament
#3 Ghost palace
are a part of the Hero's Trail Part 2 update, it would be nice to know if they are gonna try and implement them at once or in stages and such.

Regards

#36 Cyriel

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

boneto666, on 19 May 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well since all 3 of them:
#1 Devil's Tower
#2 Geffen Magic Tournament
#3 Ghost palace
are a part of the Hero's Trail Part 2 update, it would be nice to know if they are gonna try and implement them at once or in stages and such.

Regards
Chronologically Horror Toy Factory comes before morse as well, so i'd appreciate any sense of sequence with content updates :)
Also HT fixes the gear gap between 130 and 160.

Posted ImageSave the bees, please.

Meh Shep

#37 boneto666

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, as of now we seem to be moving along the path iRO got their updates, more or less.

Edit:
although we seem to be missing the monster XP changes and the Monster Spawn changes.

Regards

#38 jonwil

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

boni I think we need to get your Hero Plate soon before they give the Ghost Palace, otherwise we don't have time to do all instance Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users