Alchemist Ranking Reset

46 replies to this topic

#1 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

I'd like to know what you guys think about resetting the Alchemist Ranking. I'd especially like to hear the opinion of the current active Top 10 Potters in the list.

Pro:
-This could make it easier for newer/active players to maybe gain a spot on the list
-As brewed potions are less useful in times of lvl 175 3rd classes, the top 10 ranking is less important (except for showing off)

Con:
-Current Top 10 put a lot of time into gaining their points
-Flamel Card makes TT Slim Potions more interesting again

Additional changes might be added to make the top 10 ranking more interesting again, like adding Slim Potions to the list of Potions the RWC Hat increases the effect of.

As of now, we have no intention to reset the ranking. This is just to get some opinions. If you know any top 10 potters ingame, feel free to tell them about this thread. Feel free to list your pros and cons /no1
Posted Image

#2 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

I like the idea but it will mostly benefit the rich folk. Those that have stacked up materials and/or can buy them en-masse will most certainly benefit the most. On the other hand, this will also probably increase the demand for all kinds of herbs which helps newer folk a bit as well.

Hard to decide on this one tho I'd lean more towards the reset - changes are nice in the current mostly "stale" state of the server. It'd give many players something to do ;)
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#3 KoriFee

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

yes, reset the top10 list

PRO:

-People who are active get a chance and dont have to waste thousends of items just to reach some day top 10
-More Top10 Pots on the market, more cashflow
-People have a reason to do something instead of pronsitting lv 175

CON:

-People who dont know this or get it too late might end up in the same situation (so advertise it better)
-Player who are active and invested so much time should get compensated (i am no top10 potter, but i think its fair)

#4 Spoocy

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

I'm one of the TT (eSport). And yes, add TT Slim to RWC Hat and maybe God Had. But don't reset it to 0. reduce the points but keep the % difference to each orher tt potter.

eg. place 1 habe 1000 points , place 2 habe 300. you reduce to 100 / 30

#5 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

gdamnit wrong thread...

@topic tho: heeereee come the elitists with their tears /heh

#6 Adorable

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationNitro - Leader

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Reset please! I dont have a TT potter and i dont want to make one. Still I think there are many PRO points for a reset:
  • I think all TT Potter are in the list since PreRenewal and didnt have to do anything to stay there for years now. They had a advantage for many years and cant rly complain.
  • Most TT Potter arent active with their Alchemists anyway.
  • Its also good for new players because they can earn a lot of money if they start farming Starsand for sale
  • New/more active TT Potter are good for everyone because we will finally be able to buy TT Slims again on the market

Suggestion:

TT Pots are better now but its still totally not worth the effort (1M+ Starsand) to make the TT list. Something like decrease everyones points by 50% and decrease it every month by 10% would make sure that only active potter stay in the list. Good for everyone.

#7 Artorias

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

I'm glad you asked Sersih. I'm no TT potter but I've got a reasonable feeling of game balance.

First of all, I'm against resetting ranks.because of

View PostGM Serish, on 02 June 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

-Current Top 10 put a lot of time into gaining their points

On the other hand, most of the current top-ten potters are inactive by now, so we cannot let the ranking system unchanged. I would suggest, that for every week a Potter doesn't create at least 1 ranking point, he lose 5% of his maximum points. So the inactive ones lose their points after 5 months. This would make the ranking system more dynamic and stop people from stacking up infinite points.

Additional changes might be added to make the top 10 ranking more interesting again, like adding Slim Potions to the list of Potions the RWC Hat increases the effect of.

Definitely no. The Slims Potions already got a pretty nice boost with the Flamel Card by now.

And what I'm most feared of is a huge boost for Shadow Chasers, which is the most broken class anyway. A Rogue Spirit (Soul Link) increases the efficiency of potions brewed by top-ten alchemists by a -significant- amount. That's pretty strong, especially with the Flamel Card now. If RWC Hat works with Slims too, you wont be able to kill this class anymore without oneshot.

So if you want to add Slim Potions to the list of Potions the RWC Hat increases the effect of, you have to remove this part of the Rogue Spirit and I don't think that's possible.

#8 Adorable

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationNitro - Leader

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostArtorias, on 02 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

And what I'm most feared of is a huge boost for Shadow Chasers, which is the most broken class anyway. A Rogue Spirit (Soul Link) increases the efficiency of potions brewed by top-ten alchemists by a -significant- amount. That's pretty strong, especially with the Flamel Card now. If RWC Hat works with Slims too, you wont be able to kill this class anymore without oneshot.

So if you want to add Slim Potions to the list of Potions the RWC Hat increases the effect of, you have to remove this part of the Rogue Spirit and I don't think that's possible.

I might be wrong but I think Flamel only works for Slims, while Rogue Spirit only works for Fat Potions. I think you are right about the rest tho.

#9 Nereida

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

What about blacksmith rank and TK rank? Posted Image
Posted Image

They grow so slowly!

#10 Spoocy

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

Adorable you are wrong, with renewal there was a reset. And this was also hard for us

#11 GM Serish

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 4698 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostSpoocy, on 02 June 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

I'm one of the TT (eSport). And yes, add TT Slim to RWC Hat and maybe God Had. But don't reset it to 0. reduce the points but keep the % difference to each orher tt potter.

eg. place 1 habe 1000 points , place 2 habe 300. you reduce to 100 / 30

I have not checked how these values are stored and if we can reduce values by a certain amount instead of completly resetting the list but this would probably be the best solution. Then the question would be the rate. Probably divide the value by 200 would be okay. This would leave the last place with 31k points and first place with 106k points. Even when using twilight pharmacy this would be quite an advantage because of the amounts of material needed.

View PostAdorable, on 02 June 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

• I think all TT Potter are in the list since PreRenewal and didnt have to do anything to stay there for years now. They had a advantage for many years and cant rly complain.
  • Most TT Potter arent active with their Alchemists anyway.
  • Its also good for new players because they can earn a lot of money if they start farming Starsand for sale
  • New/more active TT Potter are good for everyone because we will finally be able to buy TT Slims again on the market
TT Pots are better now but its still totally not worth the effort (1M+ Starsand) to make the TT list. Something like decrease everyones points by 50% and decrease it every month by 10% would make sure that only active potter stay in the list. Good for everyone.

1. As stated, the lists had been reset back then but they might be in there since renewal, yes.
2. Well, Potter chars have always been used for potting only (usually). And I checked today that 8 of the 10 accounts were logged in withing the last few days. Though, 2 were not logged in in 2017 yet /heh
3. There are always ways to farm items to make some money but additional stuff that sells good is always wlcome I guess.
4. May depend on who will become TT potter. If some bigger guilds get the position they may need all the pots on their own but on the other hand, maybe some alliances will put their stuff together for 1 TT potter which would leave more spots in the list open. We won't know before I guess /heh

View PostArtorias, on 02 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

On the other hand, most of the current top-ten potters are inactive by now, so we cannot let the ranking system unchanged. I would suggest, that for every week a Potter doesn't create at least 1 ranking point, he lose 5% of his maximum points. So the inactive ones lose their points after 5 months. This would make the ranking system more dynamic and stop people from stacking up infinite points.

Definitely no. The Slims Potions already got a pretty nice boost with the Flamel Card by now.

As said, the accounts are not inactive ^^ I did not look into how those values are saved but a system like that will most likely not happen (even though it might make sense).

I did not thought of the Rogue Link. If it also counts for Slims it wouldn't be good to further push them I guess. The Flamel Cards should already be enough to make them viable.
Posted Image

#12 KoriFee

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostGM Serish, on 02 June 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I did not thought of the Rogue Link. If it also counts for Slims it wouldn't be good to further push them I guess. The Flamel Cards should already be enough to make them viable.

for PVM sure, but not for WoE/PvP, since u going to use another garment card. And on the other hand u are bound to the RWC Hat, which some ppl dont use anyway.

#13 Drunken.

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

Pro Reset :)

#14 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

im either for reset or slicing the list by /100 or /200
or set the value to something like "everyone above 1m" so everyone can become a "top 10" potter at some point for more competition on the market and to avoid large guilds with tons of resources monopolizing the top10 just for their own

#15 Avvx

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Pro! I have alchemist twink and i dont care about another brewers!

You give the alchemical revolution!
Posted Image

#16 Alatáriël

Shahila [Leader of °OldSchool°]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostNereida, on 02 June 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

What about blacksmith rank and TK rank? Posted Image

Took me about 3 months of active playing to do the 400+ missions - as following I am completely against resetting the taekwon ranking as long as there it no huge compensation! I guess people who ranked their blacksmith or their alchemists think so too ..

#17 Avvx

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

Monsieur Serrish, Please add a vote count to post. For a more objective evaluation.
Posted Image

#18 Alatáriël

Shahila [Leader of °OldSchool°]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostAvvx, on 02 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Monsieur Serrish, Please add a vote count to post. For a more objective evaluation.

10 people will vote no - all the others will vote yes - I guess it will not make much sense :P

#19 Avvx

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostShahila, on 02 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

10 people will vote no - all the others will vote yes - I guess it will not make much sense :P

Subjective opinion does not always reflect objective reality.
Posted Image

#20 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostAvvx, on 02 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yea, because majority equals objectivity /heh

Edit: oh oh! This so calls for Godwin's law! After all, Nazis were a majority too, eh? Eh? Eh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users