Alchemist Ranking Reset

46 replies to this topic

#41 Erimion

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

I think a ranking reset could be interesting. However, it should be done periodically, like once every 30 days, so all who want to get a spot there get a chance.
Posted Image

#42 Dark_Xian

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

I think that the main problem, before resetting the rank, is to find a way to make the slim potions interesting again.

For PvM: ranked slim can be good with Flamel card, but I don't think that players and guilds will compete for that.

For WoE/PvP: the question is if someone use the Flamel card in WoE, because without that the WoE potions are the best choice.
The healing of fat white potions can be increased with RWC hat but this alone is not enough; maybe only shadow chasers (with rogue link) or genetics (with potion research skill), can get an healing effect that can be considered good for a potion with 15 weight.

If the RWC hat is changed to increase the effect of slim potions then those potions will be interesting again.

My opinion about a reset:

Pro:
- it's a new competition to take part;
- it will allow new players to earn money by farming ingredients.

Con:
- it will be a problem for who is making condensed potions now to get ranked, if someone is making new condensed potions to get points and store them, a reset will be a big loss;
- if the new potions made are not used by players, the competition will end after a short time.

#43 Artorias

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostSheeon, on 05 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Sad all this headgears are useless if your a physical atacker...

RWC Hat isn't that bad: 5 Luck, 3% Atk and a Slot.

btw, magical attackers got the same problem. They usually use Red Bread Hat, Plain Black Mage Hat or Zaha Doll Hat.

#44 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

I've personally never considered using ranked slims, not with White Potion Boxes' weight and availability compared to slims cap and availability.
If RWC would be changed to work with them, sure, that would be interesting and worth considering, but ONLY outside of PvP/WoE.
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#45 Spoocy

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

My opinion:

I think 31k for last rang are to low. 30k WSS = 192k points.

A good idea will be, reduce all points ~5% each maintenance, but not lower than X. Maybe X = 150k points. after 20 maintanence (3 month, every potter at 150k).

First step: all ranks / 40 = (last rank 150k)
Next step: every maintenance - 5% Points)

#46 Thanos-Averroes

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:53 AM

Reset it !

#47 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostThanos-Averroes, on 08 June 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Reset it !

View PostGM Serish, on 02 June 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Additional changes might be added to make the top 10 ranking more interesting again, like adding Slim Potions to the list of Potions the RWC Hat increases the effect of.
/rice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users