crash complexity

23 replies to this topic

#1 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

The instance method is a good invention but also a bad implementation.

The result: more complicated, complex, non-tested system which is frequently crashing. It will reach its border of the complexity... more errors will occur what can be fixed in same period...

The proposal: separate the instances from the "BASE" system and make standalone "INSTANCES" system in one program or one program for every one instances with limited independent database and script environment; with all-on-one or separated instances/programs.

Benefits: the "BASE" system will be independent from the instances, both or all can independently managed, tested, fixed and run. If one instance crashes it will not touch other part of the system. The WHOLE system is extendable without any problems. The BASE system and instances subsystems can separate on the low port level... just have to cooperate with the base system IN and OUT (instance established and destroyed).

#2 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

you should translate your post and send it to korea................

#3 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostYlidia, on 06 July 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

you should translate your post and send it to korea................

It is not a Korean problem but it was addressed to the server system developers...

#4 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

you really dont get that korea - europe thing?

#5 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostYlidia, on 06 July 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

you really dont get that korea - europe thing?

I think, no. My opinion is that the server is an european development and it is a server side problem, not client.

#6 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostAvenger2, on 07 July 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

I think, no. My opinion is that the server is an european development and it is a server side problem, not client.

qed

#7 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:09 AM

View PostRO_GM06, on 08 June 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

- The server application has been updated by the korean team to improve server stability

Still think so?
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#8 Cookieraider

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I think making this inter-process instead of intra-process would raise more problems than it would solve especially with independent DB environment. Nevertheless it would be quite some work to implement...

#9 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

european development

Posted Image

Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#10 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostShoushiken, on 08 July 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Still think so?

Yes.
1. Some things what are existing in the system, totally the same what were 10 years before (prices). Where were the Korean guys 10 years before?
2. Most of the recurrent errors are the same (missing gates, empty fields). The work of the software is the same as the free other what you find on the net. There are other servers also without Korean guys.
3. The layout mostly the same what was 10 years before. There are no miracles in the informatics... only credulous people.

But I accept your opinion if you prove it as I did.
PS: Korean team does not mean anything.

PS2: Do you think that the "Korean guys" forgot to implement lots of cards for years in their OWN system???
http://forum.ragnaro...-missing-cards/

#11 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostjokeUsa, on 09 July 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

I can't see anything.

#12 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostAvenger2, on 09 July 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

I can't see anything.
You are golden /heh
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#13 Cookieraider

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

The korean guys where nowhere 10 years ago, except originally starting development of the game 15+ years before today. Without them its not officual, and since its official, they control the development. The rest of the servers without the "dirty" koreans are emulations of the original server software programmed by different people.

#14 Wizzzzard

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostAvenger2, on 09 July 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yes.
1. Some things what are existing in the system, totally the same what were 10 years before (prices). Where were the Korean guys 10 years before?
2. Most of the recurrent errors are the same (missing gates, empty fields). The work of the software is the same as the free other what you find on the net. There are other servers also without Korean guys.
3. The layout mostly the same what was 10 years before. There are no miracles in the informatics... only credulous people.

But I accept your opinion if you prove it as I did.
PS: Korean team does not mean anything.

PS2: Do you think that the "Korean guys" forgot to implement lots of cards for years in their OWN system???
http://forum.ragnaro...-missing-cards/
Alright let me try to break that down.
First to point number 2. While it is true that all RO server softwares are trying to do the same there is one key difference between the private server and the official server... The private software is open sourced (meaning anyone can access the source code and modify anything) while the official servers are closed source (so the only things that can be changed are settings in configuration files, in the database or other stuff that is not part of the closed code like NPCs) The only ones that can add completely new features or that can fix bugs in the closed code is Gravity Korea. The publishers don't have access to the source code therefore can only do so little about anything...
To point 1... The Korean guys still had to do everything even 10 years ago. The only thing that did change is that 10 years ago they worked faster^^
To the PS2... It's the same as I wrote above the publishers can only do so little about completely new things. A lot of these new cards might have completely new effects that have to get patched into the server 1st before they can get used... Of course it is easier to implement stuff on the Korean server because they have the source code and all the RO developers^^

tl;dr It is not as easy on an official server like it is on a private...

#15 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

So at the end briefly:

1. THIS server is NOT the basic Korean development, I have a bet for it and proved above. It is possible that the Koreans NOW give limited support to manage the open source server. It is their interest also. The developed free server software is responsible for ALL of the server errors which owned by the European international software team and/or the commercial environment owners

2. Only the downloaded and updated CLIENT is originated from the Korean development team.

3. If the server would be original Korean, it would be well tested and documented. However THIS server is full of errors and some errors are recurring, mostly after every update. If the server software and operations would be legally commercial the supporters should have to pay ton of money for the errors.

4. LOTS of things are missing (or failing) on this free server system (other systems are included these for years). I can not decide that it is deliberate or accidental. What I noticed that cards are the part of the base system for years.

And the theme of topic was not this discuss.

#16 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

1,) wrong

2.) wrong

3.) wrong

4,) and who would have guessed? : wrong

#17 Cookieraider

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

Give him at least some credit: regarding 4, some things are really missing :D

#18 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostCookieraider, on 09 July 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Give him at least some credit: regarding 4, some things are really missing :D

Right, things are "missing". Still, it would have to be implemented by the koreans.

#19 Avenger2

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Ylidia, Cookieraider:

1. I like you also, but you have no arguments at all. That word "wrong" is not an argument, you know... so there is no dispute.

2. Koreans responsible for everything. And the bikers.

3. Check the "cognitive dissonance" article in the Google.

... and the mass psychosis is a very-very dangerous thing...

If you have problem about my opinion, please address to me DIRECTLY HERE, if may ask. Not in the ro-db chat room, for example. It is a very ugly behavior.

#20 Ylidia

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

omg, your trolling?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users