Drop chance mechanics

18 replies to this topic

#1 Gingis

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hello guys, I would need some help/clarification as to how the drop chance is calculated and how it works exactly for MVP.
I want to use Greedy Frog hat + 2 lucky clip + bubble + premium, from what I heard so far all of these effects should multiply the drop chance.
so 0.01x2(premium)=0.02x2(GFH)=0.04x2(clip)=0.08x2(clip)=0.16x2(bubble)=0.32 Is this formula correct like this? Or does the mechanic work in a different fashion?
Also how do I need to apply damage in order for my drop chance to be applied? Is it enought if I do the most DMG to be MVP or do I have to deal the killing blow?
If anyone of you knows exactly how this works or has tested it, I would really appreciate any clarification.

Kind regards, Gingis.

#2 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

with all drop boots the chance should be around 0,12%
premium doubles the base drop rate which is x0.75 so you get 0.015% on cards and bubble in mouth is only half a clip

#3 Gingis

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostRidly, on 19 August 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

premium doubles the base drop rate which is x0.75 so you get 0.015% on cards and bubble in mouth is only half a clip

Damn, that's a lot lower than what I have hoped for

#4 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Arc Angeling]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6267 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Do not expect the drop rate of a card would be more than 0,xxx %, even when using all the lucky stuff... Posted Image
¤ Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

¤ Caractéristique du fRO serveur: maintenant, si t'as pas un milliard, t'es z'un clochard ! (Eh oui, c'est la crise ma bonne dame, c'est la cri-seeuuh...)

#5 iPhy

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBio lab , having some tea with Kathryne and Celia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

View PostRidly, on 19 August 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Did you included the bubble gum usable which boosts your drop rate by 100% for 30minutes ?

http://www.ro-db.com...=items&id=12210

#6 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostiPhy, on 19 August 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Did you included the bubble gum usable which boosts your drop rate by 100% for 30minutes ?

http://www.ro-db.com...=items&id=12210
no and i have no idea how to get those x-x
seems rare AF

#7 Wolyahwa

Moonlight Flower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationPayon Cave

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostRidly, on 20 August 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

no and i have no idea how to get those x-x
seems rare AF
*cough* OP iRO stuff *cough*
Posted Image

#8 iPhy

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBio lab , having some tea with Kathryne and Celia

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

If i remember correctly , these were available in the last Protovich event

#9 stéph@ne

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

si je suis premium, le taux d'une carte a 0.01 normalement passe a 0.02 ?
Posted Image

#10 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Arc Angeling]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6267 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

Il paraît...

It seems...
¤ Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

¤ Caractéristique du fRO serveur: maintenant, si t'as pas un milliard, t'es z'un clochard ! (Eh oui, c'est la crise ma bonne dame, c'est la cri-seeuuh...)

#11 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

View Poststéph@ne, on 22 August 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

si je suis premium, le taux d'une carte a 0.01 normalement passe a 0.02 ?
the original base drop rate was 0.01% but the overall drop rate was lowered to x0.75 "due to bot farming" (correct me if i missed the reversal of this change) and you get doubled chance from here so it'll be 0.01% *0.75*2>0.015% for cards
sounds like a fraud that you cant expect 1x/1x/1x rates from an official server anymore (it's 0.75x for non premium) and then sell premium as "doubled drop rate" (which is technically correct but still just 1.5x)

#12 funkskill

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hi guys,

Could someone tell me where I can get lucky clip and Frog Hat please ?

Thanks a lot

#13 stéph@ne

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

View Postfunkskill, on 24 August 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Could someone tell me where I can get lucky clip and Frog Hat please ?

Thanks a lot
Lucky Clip = ishop or marketplace
Posted Image

#14 Gingis

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Thx for all the replies guys, I know have a better understanding as how to and when to use my Greedy frog hats.

Just one last thing, as none of you have yet answered the 2nd part of my question.

How is the dmg/drop applied if someone else does dmg with me? I mean, does my char (which is wearing all the drop increase items) have to do all dmg, or do I have to only do 1st dmg + last hit? or just the most dmg? I'm asking specially because of MVP loot/cards that I wanna try to hunt this way. And to kill some of the MVP solo takes a bit longer.

I'd highly appreciate if you could give me some info on this as well.

Image IPBImage IPBImage IPB

#15 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

GM Krathius said:

GM Krathius-07.07.2017

Hey

Here is what we know about the MVPs

- The Drop Rate is calculated on the player who did the most damage.
- The Loot will be given to the player who did the most damage.
- Who becomes "MVP" is currently not clearly stated. It is a mix between who gave the first hit and who deals the most damage.

Please note that there is no clear info on how this works as Korea never gives any info about it.

GM Krathius-07.07.2017

So to answer your question: if the Premium player deals the most damage, he gets the loot calculated on the increased drop rate

The same is true for the player without Premium

the Drop Rate will be lower

question was about drop mechanics of mvps in regard to premium& non-premium mvp killer/competition
so if you deal the most dmg with all the drop boosters (which will be hard if you have competition) the drops will be increased

#16 Kaw!k

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

About becoming MVP, from what I've read and seen up to now basically first hit is double in the calculation, then other hits are added normally.

For example : let's take a MVP with 100HP. Player 1 deals 40 dmg THEN player 2 deals 60 dmg. Player 1 will have 40*2=80 "points" and player 2 will have 60 "points" so player 1 will be MVP.

Altough, I'm not sure ifextra damages are taken into account or not (if player 2 deals 100 dmg in the previous example)

#17 Gingis

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Thx for the answers guys, this helped me a lot to understand how it roughly works.

#18 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationMogadishu, Banadir, Somalia

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

the drop chance worked better when i thought that every monster had items in it like a poring could spawn with a card inside him XD

Hi everyone!!

If you looking for a fun guy real nice very rich high quality very cheap low price heavy machine techincal support manager various uses then i am your guy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards

Kharoof The King Of Laggnarok "Europe" <--- not actually hosted there everyone knows thatPosted Image

#19 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostKaw!k, on 25 August 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Altough, I'm not sure ifextra damages are taken into account or not (if player 2 deals 100 dmg in the previous example)
I wonder if it works XP wise? Normal mobs seem have their XP capped and drop calculation only applied till damage reaches the maximum hp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users