7 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hi everyone who's loves Ragnarok Online!

We all know this game has had it's ups and downs over the years.
While the relations between players and our GMs has drastically improved recently the game itself is falling behind.
This brings serious problems for the game and community.

Many people can't bring themselves to stick with the game when there is nothing new to do while they see other servers that already provide all the content. The interest just gets lost to play here.
And with people leaving other people follow because they have no friends left they used to play the game with here. It is a chain reaction.
The problem for us? Because of the distance our connection to these other official servers is too slow and we can not enjoy the game there and thus we are also losing players to illegal servers for reasons i don't want to list here now.

While we have been about 1 year behind in content in 2011 we are now about 5-6 years behind and even missing some updates.
Here is a list that shows our current state to the best of my knowledge. Everything in red is missing on our server

Spoiler

while minor stuff is even missing from as far back as 2008! More interesting stuff is missing from as far back as 2011 and 2012.

While we have seen other official servers in the past receiving a bulk update to again be closer to the official korean RO server in terms of content. Our Game Masters have told us that such a thing to happen here is unlikely.

This thread is to write messages, create images and show screenshots that show your love and passion for the game.

When we got a lot of content we can try to send it direclty to the headquarters of Ragnarok in South Korea as a plea for more support of our european server so that we can enjoy the game as much as other official servers!

I, for one, do not want to see this server close down because it is unsustainable!

I love Ragnarok Online from the bottom of my heart.
It is a game that has accompanied me for over a decade.
And I would really love to continue playing, but even as a veteran player it's becoming difficult to keep up my interest.

And if you, too, love the game then feel free to express it in this thread with messages, screenshots, edited images or drawings of Ragnarok Online!
Let Gravity korea hear the voices of the players, not of the businessman!

Note: you can easily upload images for free here: http://imgur.com/

Posted Image
Posted Image B> Event Angeling Coin 10m ea
my ro-db shop
Spoiler
Posted Image (The original since 2005)

#2 devv45

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

I already said everything I think in another topic.
Old updates, which are 3-4 years old can not add on the server...
And there is no server on which you could play...if you want to WoE...
Play on a private server? This is garbage bt closest to updates both on kRo.
Left to wait and look at the falling population on this serverPosted Image

#3 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationMogadishu, Banadir, Somalia

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

We are low life scrubs in the sm0l eyes of Koreans hehehe

Hi everyone!!

If you looking for a fun guy real nice very rich high quality very cheap low price heavy machine techincal support manager various uses then i am your guy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards

Kharoof The King Of Laggnarok "Europe" <--- not actually hosted there everyone knows thatPosted Image

#4 Sheeon

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationGliese 1214b

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

I have a bad feeling about this it remembers me when there was a thread on rocards why we dont have a rwc 2010 in the end the server closed .... Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostSheeon, on 26 August 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

I have a bad feeling about this it remembers me when there was a thread on rocards why we dont have a rwc 2010 in the end the server closed .... Posted Image
Yeah it's kinda reminiscent of Burda euRos' close on many levels.
They stopped receiving updates a while before the close, too.
BUT! They had fRO for the european market when euRO closed. And one thing I never forget is one old euRO GM saying: when they reported problems on euRO to korea they went and checked on fRO...
And in the end it was Burda who did not agree on a license renewal as far as I'm aware.
And checking on the euRO website about whybe (btw GMs english and french are mixed up there) http://www.ragnaroke...ne/912/?lang=fr :

Whybe Online is the exclusive publisher and distributor for Gravity Co., Ltd, (GRVY, Nasdaq), a globally recognised Korean company and leader in the online and mobile video game markets. The leading partner of the group, Whybe Online is also its entry point into Europe, with the exclusive rights to operate Ragnarök Online
As an "its entry point into Europe" I doubt they would give up on europe completely. And also I have a feeling Whybe has financial interest to keep the game going, too.
I also doubt gravity korea would remotely host a server in europe and manage it themselves or hand it to gravity interactive, they have their own share of problems already. It's also easier to have a local company when it comes to laws and finances, but also community management
my ro-db shop
Spoiler

#6 devv45

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostSheeon, on 26 August 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Like this:
We can not give you an update and players do not like it? Ok! Close server?
An excellent solution to the problem!

If they so relate to the server then it will be closed soon =\

#7 jokeUsa

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

You only want the server to stay cause you found GTB! /sob
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

#8 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostjokeUsa, on 26 August 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

You only want the server to stay cause you found GTB! /sob
Nah, I just wouldn't know what else to play on the long run.
Most engaging games are story based, you play through the story and you're done, for the most part, maybe a week and you 100%ed it.
And buying one game after another would be a lot more expensive. /heh
RO offers so many options, classes and builds that it just stays interesting over years.
But without updates.. well.. there's something like a "finished the game" until there comes more.
I'd love to level up a doram, grind for equip and stuff. Or make a rebellion. Would also like to play even more classes and builds But I'm also lacking the char slots... And I'm not gonna move my main equip from one account to another back and forth whenever I want to play another character. :/
But that is something else.
my ro-db shop
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users