RAGNARÖK ONLINE Site officiel : www.ragnarokeurope.com

Kill stealing - is it a rule or only a habit?

kill stealing

32 replies to this topic

#21 Laxus

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

Ask Santa a brain this year plz Posted Image
Quand on m'ba*se je réplique, j'aime pas être angélique Posted Image

02.2015 - R.I.P. RO

#22 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostAvenger2, on 16 October 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

"any player can join the battle at anytime"

You can JOIN IF I INVITE YOU. If not, it is only an aggressive kill stealing, You do not join, just simply steal my work.
Moreover I declare that I NEVER invited anybody to join me in MVP fighting during the fight.

Well then, post a quote of the official rules where it states you need an invitation to joining an MVP fight if another player is already on it.
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#23 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

avenger2, about MvPs
they are free for all and EVERYONE is free to join the fight AGAINST a MvP, not to join someone who's already fighting said mvp
the mvp is inviting everyone, not just you in particular or any other player that arrives first, the player doesn't have a say here, who's allowed to join or not
even your own bloody branches may be YOUR item but as soon as you use them, the mvp is Free-for-All the second it spawns
that's the extend of the "Free for All" MvP rule
MvPing is by its very name a Competition for the Most valuable Player during the fight, who then earns the right to loot the good stuff
for further complaints on MvPing i refer to a wise man, who once said:
Posted Image

#24 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

I cant imagine this person survive the real world.

Sorry for these words. But why you ask things if you dont want to get explained it?

#25 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

View Postboneto666, on 16 October 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Nah, a lot of ppl KS on purpose ....

Don't defend the douchebags.

Regards

View PostCookieraider, on 16 October 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Maybe I was just lucky then.

I guess I jinxed it like totally. Now I have encountered 2 of them! But lets be honest, I don't think its possible to make any report unless you record your screen all the time. But IDK who does that...

#26 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostCookieraider, on 18 October 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

I guess I jinxed it like totally. Now I have encountered 2 of them! But lets be honest, I don't think its possible to make any report unless you record your screen all the time. But IDK who does that...

Me. I made a video and will send it to GM's.

#27 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostWink, on 17 October 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

I cant imagine this person survive the real world.

Sorry for these words. But why you ask things if you dont want to get explained it?

I fight for my rights (and for other "underdog" players) my friend. If you got rights without fight that usually isn't worth a penny.
This game is totally unbalanced in our case: if you have more levels, you have more chance, if you have special character, you have doubled more chance. In this situation it is totally unjust, if you know this word at all.
It is not a "Capitaly" game but an MMORPG game. Here, you should decide on skill and reason, not money and long history.

PS: I agree with whoever pays, to get the benefits. But only with monsters and not the other players.

#28 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

On the other hand Admins/GMs pretty please update the Ingame Rules, so point 1. also reflect that MVPs are exception from the KS rule. Since its only mentioned in point 8. this whole situation reminds me of stuff people in the USA actually win lawsuits for...

#29 Laxus

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostCookieraider, on 18 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

this whole situation reminds me of stuff people in the USA actually win lawsuits for...

Enough said...
Since years i'm still traumatized from the one who put her cat into a microwave to dry it and finally won a lot of money because this wasn't specified into manual book Posted Image
Quand on m'ba*se je réplique, j'aime pas être angélique Posted Image

02.2015 - R.I.P. RO

#30 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostRidly, on 16 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

avenger2, about MvPs
they are free for all and EVERYONE is free to join the fight AGAINST a MvP, ...

"Free" for ONLY the stronger player and/or character, dear Ridly, this is the simple and ugly truth. Nobody risked it unnecessarily.
Everyone's freedom extends until it violates the freedom of other people.
"The dog on top does the screwing" RULE?

Read the 1. point. That's all, everybody understand it, other explanation is not necessary.

#31 Ridly

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

View PostAvenger2, on 18 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

"Free" for ONLY the stronger player and/or character, dear Ridly, this is the simple and ugly truth. Nobody risked it unnecessarily.
Everyone's freedom extends until it violates the freedom of other people.
"The dog on top does the screwing" RULE?

Read the 1. point. That's all, everybody understand it, other explanation is not necessary.
if you for example find the mvp first and have a couple of seconds on it, it does not matter how strong the other guys are, you get the mvp and vice versa, that is IF you did a decent job at dealing dmg
everyone is allowed to try their luck and join the fight on mvps, didn't mean that everyone is able or prepared to engage in these fights and preparation is key!
those "stronger" players you keep refering to were not always strong, you can have the same stats as them and get the same items, they didnt just have those stronger items and these items couldnt be bought for the most part before someone dropped them from previous mvp kills
they also worked for their stuff to be "stronger" for these particular scenarios as for mvp fighting
the way you wanna twist the rules would be similar in real life to joining a boxing match against klitschko (or [insert other famous boxer]) and demanding victory because you arrived first to the ring
again MvPing is a competition not a customer service as: comes first, serves first
if you get outperformed by someone who arrived after you on the mvp then it means you were less prepared then the other guy

PS: where does it infringe your freedom to join the fight against mvps? you are also free to fight them when someone is already trying to be the MvP... outperform them if you are prepared enough and you get the MvP... simple as that
if you wanna talk about basic freedoms you better get your facts straight: you are free to fight mvps, that does not mean you are entitled to win the mvp competition (freedom =/= entitlement)
the very design of MvPing is a competition, it's literally in the name: Most valuable Player (MvP)

View PostCookieraider, on 18 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

this whole situation reminds me of stuff people in the USA actually win lawsuits for...
thank god we live in a civilized Society and not in the USA, where you can win for your stupidity

#32 hAS3

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

Just imagine the amount of whining, if this dude played before tombstones were a thing Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 RO_GM06

Poporing

• Game Masters
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Locking this topic since the rules are already clear enough.

MVP : Everybody can kill a MVP even if another player is already trying to kill it.
Other monsters: If the monster is attacking or being attacked by another player, and you try to kill it too, it's Kill Steal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users