14 replies to this topic

#1 DarkIP

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Hi!

I dunno, if it's a problem on my end, but it seems the Forum can't be accessed by HTTPS?
It's just running into a timeout, both on Firefox and Chrome.
Come on guys, it's not the year 2000. You can store a shitload of personal information in this bulletin board's profile page. Please make sure to secure the connection to and from it!

#2 hAS3

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Well, maybe an update for the forum software is needed to switch to a SSL encrypted version (3.2.3 compared to the most current version 4.2?!) or maybe they just need a certificate and update the settings. No idea how this might work. Posted Image

#3 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

View PosthAS3, on 09 November 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Well, maybe an update for the forum software is needed to switch to a SSL encrypted version (3.2.3 compared to the most current version 4.2?!) or maybe they just need a certificate and update the settings. No idea how this might work. Posted Image

Nope. Fortunately, this isn't related to the forum software. This is set up in the web server's configuration (Apache, in this case).
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#4 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationMogadishu, Banadir, Somalia

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:01 AM

If I remember right not even ragnarok Europe website were encrypted with https xD security risk everytime you log in someone stands outside your home with his kali Linux raspberry pi sniffing your password to take your sticky mucus...😭 😭 😭

Hi everyone!!

If you looking for a fun guy real nice very rich high quality very cheap low price heavy machine techincal support manager various uses then i am your guy

Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards
Kharoof The King Of Laggnarok "Europe" <--- not actually hosted there everyone knows thatPosted Image

#5 hAS3

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostShoushiken, on 09 November 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Nope. Fortunately, this isn't related to the forum software. This is set up in the web server's configuration (Apache, in this case).
Oh, I see. If I can setup a https Apache, fRO should also be able to Posted Image

#6 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

Its not the ability not to be able to, but more likely the cost of a certificate. But AFAIK a wildcard certificate from ragnarokeurope.com would also work here, or at least I have set up a few in likely scenarios.

#7 hAS3

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

I'm using Let's encrypt. Free and easy to use. No idea if you can use it for a "real" website, though. Image IPB

#8 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

mozzila has made it easy to to enceypt side with certficate for freee but dunno wwhats the matter here

Hi everyone!!

If you looking for a fun guy real nice very rich high quality very cheap low price heavy machine techincal support manager various uses then i am your guy

Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards
Kharoof The King Of Laggnarok "Europe" <--- not actually hosted there everyone knows thatPosted Image

#9 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sure you can create whatever self-signed certificate for free, but creating a 3rd official party signed/verified certificate is what costs money.

#10 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Voir le messageCookieraider, le 12 November 2017 - 04:53 PM, dit :

Sure you can create whatever self-signed certificate for free, but creating a 3rd official party signed/verified certificate is what costs money.

Nope Mozilla and some other people I think also Google togheter came out with a free verified signed encryption that the only thing you do is that you must verify that this ip belongs to you and also the domain and I think some personal information. And for gravity it will not be a problem. I've helped company setting up a verified website encryption that way that is completely free

Hi everyone!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards

#11 Cookieraider

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

It seems that I have learned something yet again, thank you!

#12 Shoushiken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Are you talking about https://letsencrypt.org/ ?
Posted Image<- thank you, Nevina <3

#13 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

Yes yes

Hi everyone!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards

#14 hAS3

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:13 AM

Everything revolves around post #7, where I mentioned exactly that. Posted Image

#15 Wolfiano

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

They don't seem to see this as a big issue lol.

Hi everyone!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users