RAGNARÖK ONLINE Site officiel : www.ragnarokeurope.com

Another event ?

8 replies to this topic

Poll: A PvP Tournament (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you join a PvP tournament ?

1. Yes , if you find a way to make it "balanced" (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. No , PvP is dead (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 iPhy

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBio lab , having some tea with Kathryne and Celia

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hello everyone ,

I've been thinking about making another event after my 1st "Hardcore Hide&Seek" event , and for this one , i'd like to go with :

A PvP tournament !

But before anything , i need to know how many players would be interested by joining it .
Because PvP used to be something i loved before , but it kinda died , i'd like to bring some life back to it.

Depending on how many players , i was thinking about doing groups , just like in the world cup .
The rules would be pretty simple , everyone is free to join , no level required , and i'll make the groups depending on the players levels to make things a bit more balanced.
It will be 1 vs 1 fights with best of 3 rounds on the Alberta map (for WoE dmg settings) , and rewards will be given to every players who participated.

But as i said , i need to know if you guys are interested in it , so please , feel free to answer and give some ideas !
Posted Image

#2 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

Big Point: With pots or without?

in my opinion pvp is dead since all the oneshot skills or spam skills. So i thought they also killed the World cup with this.

With only Rebirth and limited Equip it could be right fun if i think on the last Tournament.

#3 iPhy

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBio lab , having some tea with Kathryne and Celia

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

A "no 3rd class" tournament could also work , but then i'd like to make it on the Four room or Undercross map .

But i'm kinda scared to only see SinX / Paladin there :/
Posted Image

#4 Tabris

Nooooby Forever !!! \\(^o^)// [Arc Angeling]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6566 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in the world"...

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Hmmm, I'm not into PvP; my charas are low, weak and understuffed ^^'.
¤ Caractéristique du fROrum: tu poses une petite question innocente, et tu obtiens x pages de flame sur un sujet très différent.
En gros, tu plantes un grain de blé et tu récoltes un buisson de ronces.

¤ Caractéristique du fRO serveur: maintenant, si t'as pas un milliard, t'es z'un clochard ! (Eh oui, c'est la crise ma bonne dame, c'est la cri-seeuuh...)

#5 GM Jolinar

Game Master

• Game Masters
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hello iPhy, thank you about starting this poll :) I would also be interested to see if people are still interested. We would have an option to open an pvp area for <= 99 people with the community helper's house.

#6 Zantetsuken

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Locationdans une galaxie lointaine

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

I would like the option "no, the server is dead" please , it's more realistic
"Well, maybe there's fundamental truths out there. Of course, that might also be a lie..."

#7 Ranma ½

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:44 AM

I like the idea. Only TE Chars would be funny and gives maybe a longer fight. But I guess we need rules for potting, maybe no healing items. Else the player with the best healing ratio will win.

Posted Image

#8 DaBump

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

I guess it might be a lot of work for the team, but what about 99/50 non adv PVP tournament where you would be able to get equips and potions only from NPCs for points/coins/zeny which would be limited.

Meaning you could get 300 potions and only very basic gear. Or go for some dank weapons but without the potions to back you up?

Atleast for me and few people I know this would bring the amazin feel of nostalgia from the days when we were doing WoE even before adv classes were added. (+also makes balancing much easier as there is no EDP and frenzy)

Maybe even do like 3v3 one?

#9 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

I'm not a pvp person, so I would not participate.
But if it still were to happen I'd love to follow it, so a GM in hide livestreaming this would be great. /awsm
Posted Image (The original since 2005)
175: Genetic (150 Amistr-Sera) | 2x GX | Sura | RK | RG // 165: Ranger // 164: Sorcerer // 150+: Rebel

My latest compiled bits:
Posted ImageAndroid: bit.ly/2usrfJk | iOS: apple.co/2OtbAlZ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users