#1 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Hello everyone, dear maintainers and programmers,
I am a warlock lvl 170+ (WL), not the best, favorite character in the game NOW:

At first I have to say big thanks to the programmers, who improve the character fighting skills' reliability nowadays (fight against multi directional attacks, knockback effect, keep hitting targets and so on). The fixed issues help a lot, however just against weaker opponent. But the main problem remained: the characters' damage capability is remained terribly weak compared to other competitors at MVP hunting; the damage/minute is 1-10% of an average enemy competitor, including the lower level chars also. The WL character can not compete for any MVP stuffs with chance.

What is the problem really? The WL has no ANY strong AND quick skill at all. However other characters have.
The main WL favorite skills Soul Expansion (SE) and Crimson rock (CR). SE is quick but terribly weak. The CR is strong but incredibly slow. The char unable to compete with others with these skills during MVPing..
Is there a solution to improve these? YES. WL is dedicated to combo-based skills.

1. SE and WI (white imprison) combo can strengthen SE. But WI skill does not fits for the SE. WI wont stop the moving opponent, and cancels its effect at the first SE hit about the opponent and started it not as it described in the definition. This combo is useless on this way, no trapping functionality. Moreover it is not usable for Boss monsters.
2. CR(or whatever skill or combo)+Read Spellbook(RS)+Release(REL) combo is able to build up ONLY ONE quick and strong usable skill. But unfortunately this warlock version suffers from Alzheimer disease; immediately forgets learned skills after using that. And the re-read function in unbearably long in playing circumstances, moreover read 4 skills in a row.

What have to fix now?
1. WI has to stop/lock the moving/standing opponent after successful cast and keep in that position during imprisoned fixed position. In this situation the attacker can hit the opponent more than one and use higher strength.
2. DO NOT DELETE used skills (REL) after using from the mind box, use it continuously step-by step in infinite cycle order by the learned order instead. Plus make a checkbox in the RS panel, labeled "Cleaning mind box" to separate the new skills from added entered skills. With this method WL will have ONLY one changeable QUICK&STRONG skill or combo of usable skills.

I think it takes few hours for an experienced programmer, maybe 2-3 hours. And the result is one playable, competitive character.
I ask for your help and kindness. I hope other warlocks will support my asking.

#2 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:58 AM

Your second looks like Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet.
Sure you think its balanced?

But nevermind if you want to reach the programmers of the source code (not the Event Programmers) you had to learn Korean.

#3 JohnnyC

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:42 AM

Answer me some Questions first before you post a Topic like that…
  • What Gear are you using
  • What Spells are you using
  • What is your ASPD
  • What MVPs are you trying to hunt

#4 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostWink, on 30 August 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Your second looks like Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet, Comet.
Sure you think its balanced?

But nevermind if you want to reach the programmers of the source code (not the Event Programmers) you had to learn Korean.

Other characters also have strong and quick skill.
Server source code is free. And changed several times.

#5 Ranma ½

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

First
I have to tell you that a MvP will wing if he can't move while you attacking him. Except Timeholder and inside instances.

Second
Release spam would have a huge impact for all two hand weapon based DDs at WoE. Yes it would be easier for leveling, but at killing MvP's still no one would care. Even if you could do release two comets in a second.

Serious builded MvP chars will still out MvP you.
Assassin, Ranger and Genetic will be still the strongest. You have to defeat sometimes Assassins with 100k+ auto attacks with max aspd, so more than 700k dps.

If you would lower now these classes, another class would be on top, maybe Sura /...

Posted Image

#6 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostJohnnyC, on 30 August 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Answer me some Questions first before you post a Topic like that…
  • What Gear are you using
  • What Spells are you using
  • What is your ASPD
  • What MVPs are you trying to hunt

1. Attack: +9 plain black mage hat (lichtern yellow card), defense +9 diadem of bruenhild of magician
angel of ghost black devil mask
blue poring bubble
2. +9/+8 hero magic coat
3. +9 SoD +9 thanatos staff +7 valkyrie shields
5. +11 GGSS Cenere +11 GGSS Orc baby
6. +6 temporal int boots +6 fledged temporal boots
7. attack specific accessory pendant of harmony
8. pendant of harmony pendant of harmony

I use most of WL spells, for example Frost Misty+Jack Frost+Crimson rock combo. Favourites are SE and CR.

ASPD 175/170 depending on GGSS.

Amon Ra.

#7 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

to Ranma:

First: I don't understand what are you saying at all.
Second: I don't play WOE.
Third: I have seen GX, genetic and ranger strength. I want to reach same in the warlock character. I asked a favor from the programmers.

#8 Ranma ½

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

You wrote about monster can walk after you do SE on WI. I talked about if the immovable effect would still longer stay and would work at MvPs they would teleport after receiving damage.

At a MvP with a fix spawn you also can't find him first and doesn't get some damage before others could, so it will be almost impossible to win if a decent equipped MvP hunter is waiting . . .

If I would do competition against you, my Ranger would oneshot him.

Maybe at another MvP you would get better chances.

I would also say, to get a change of the WL skills you should contact Korea. I don't think WhyBe is allowed to do so.

Edited by Ranma ½, 30 August 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

to Ranma:

If you mean "him" the monster, you found my problem. 1% damage ability of others wont be enough to win for me. I don't think that I will have any chance at whatever MVP:

Hmmm,

SE+WI has no effect to MVPs at all.

Dear friend I can also change the warlock skills, don't need mystic "Korea". ON my server. And the Ragnarök server can be changeable also freely, someone improved the warlock skills nowadays here. I supposed it was the WhyBe, who else?

And some players send me to my grandma because my character has weak skills...

#10 Wink

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostAvenger2, on 30 August 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

#11 Ranma ½

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

I never said they don't have access to do so, I just don't know if they're allowed to do. An yes, some skills got modified during the time I played RG at Siege so between 2013 and 2016. But that was an update like the other servers got and is known as Renewal Balance Patch.

Usually if they change a Skill it was because of the skill wasn't working like intended to, they call that "Fix"

Shield Spell LV 3 of the Royal Guard need such a Fix, because it doesn't trigger the Armor Break. But that's a skill issue after an update and not because someone want to have it changed.

Posted Image

#12 GM Atreju

Poring

• Game Masters
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

server source is not free and we are not allowed to change skills like we like to do it!
Server Source is Korean stuff and for us is it striktly forbiden to change anything we are no P Server or something like that!

#13 Roadhog

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:19 PM

Also strictly forbidden: Proper English

Franglaise seulement!

#14 Nightroad

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostAvenger2, on 30 August 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

The only "free" source code I know are *Athena based projects but those are just emulators written by community, not the real thing that came from Gravity.

#15 Chayze

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostNightroad, on 31 August 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

The only "free" source code I know are *Athena based projects but those are just emulators written by community, not the real thing that came from Gravity.
But AFAIK they are based on a very, very old leaked version of the official source code /hmm
By now everybody should know, that Avenger2 has his own beliefs in how fRO, the Ragnarok license etc work

#16 Nightroad

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostChayze, on 31 August 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

based on a very, very old leaked version of the official source code /hmm

Oh I didn't know there was a leakage. I always thought it was made out of some reverse engineering or something. If that happened before renewal then post-renewal must be far different than official source.

#17 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

My dear friends, I am really not interested in the origination of the server source. I am interested in only a balanced, playable server.

I need a balanced server with equally playable characters. It is not balanced if some chars have 100x more damage power than others. Moreover if EVERYBODY HAVE TO COMPETE to kill MVPs, as the rules described. Are you agree?

BTW as I see, appr. 2/3 of the useful stuffs, buffs, cards are missing from this server, compared to the original version. The evolving is almost impossible on highest levels, plus the unbalacing issues...

#18 Ranma ½

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

I guess this discussion will only find an end after the WL is buffed to the strongest char in game . . .

Posted Image

#19 Nightroad

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

In my whole rangarok "carrier" I have never seen any server instance where all the classes were even nearby being balanced. You will not be able to change anything more than keep your warlock as char for fun/woe and make a second one to kill mvps / grind stuff.

Or you can get some OP MVP cards and even try to do ET solo like Wizzzzard do /$
https://www.youtube....h?v=kl-ORD1RqGM

Ofc you will still struggle with some mvps like Valk, maybe Ifrit.

#20 Avenger2

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

to Ranma:

"I guess this discussion will only find an end after the WL is buffed to the strongest char in game ."

But REALLY the fact is that warlock has 1% strength of other characters. And the game rules were constructed NOT BY ME according to MVP hunting.
So If I am right (and I am right), the server maintainers/programmers should correct the difference. I gave a solution. If they have source code, then in it, if no have, force the mystyc "Korea" to correct it. I do not need privileges or exclusive advantage but equal chances.

To Ranma and Nightroad:

I have NEVER SEEN a GAME which have 100x strength difference between competitor characters beside similar other circumstances. It occurred in that case only when someone weakened the character deliberately. And there is a hard WOE lobby here as I see. Why don't they use GTB card against warlocks or other magic mirroring tricks?
Moreover I DON'T want to play WOE but I CAN'T play against any other monster, mainly fundamental MVPs.
Ifrit has magnetic earth skill and I don't have GTB card to teleport... Try your character with decreased 0,01x strength and you will feel a real pain.
PS: Wizzzard died some times in ET... and I am not premium.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users