24 replies to this topic

#1 Tiefschlaf

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:46 AM

Hey Guys!

I know all topics about a new server are difficult, but the last days I thought about a new possibility.

In my opinion, we have some different problems atm
  • The server is really old and lost a lot of player
  • The active old player don't accept a complete new server, cause they invest a lot time & money in here
  • The new player & the player who quit in the past want a fresh new server, balanced and fair for all
What if we think about a new seasonal server, who starts completly new for all, but ends maybe after 1 year repeatedly!?
So all can start fresh, level up, enter the woe and fight fair and balanced.
After the running time, all chars don't get lost, they will automatically transferd to the old main server! (maybe there should be a maximum of 2-3 slots and a condition that the main server account have free slots for it)
And now the season server starts fresh again.

"the same procedure as every year' James"

@: cause of the short running time of a seasonal server its maybe better to maximum the server episodes to pre renewal or somethink like this.

We know this from other games like diablo 3 for example.

I am not shure if this may be a good way to rescue ragnarok euro and getting back the lost player, but maybe is it worth it to discuss?
if you are not making anybody elses life better, then you're wasting time

Schlaflos 161 Ranger

Schlaflied 99 Clown

Never forgot!

#2 Volvox

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

The server is "fair", everybody is having the same chances. You could make the same arguments just within a month after a new server has started, because some might be lucky and find a lot of cards, others wont even find regular equipment. Its an MMO-RPG, having players with different level and equipment, some stronger than others, is a key element. If you want equal chances go play Destiny, Fortnite, Dota. Anyway, lifes not fair, deal with it.

Personally I see no point in playing an mmoRPG, and spending time building my character, when everyones the same in the end.

Though there could be a second server, for PvP/WoE purpose on a seasonal basis, but I would suggest smaller periods, like 3-4 months.

#3 Tiefschlaf

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

It's only a consideration.

I was a shocked after I saw the low Population on this Server.

Ragnarök Online is such a lovely and beautiful game. So we all have to think about a solution to rescue it.
Of yourse this game is not unfair. But it is old, and new Players need years to reach nearly the same power the old players have right now. If it is only pvm or storyline it doesn't matter, but what's about pvp/woe?

I can't accept that this game is old and dieing. In my opinion it is possible to increase the player population! But to sit it out and wait is not the right way!

Schlaflos 161 Ranger

Schlaflied 99 Clown

Never forgot!

#4 Volvox

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

Well, we are having this situation for years now and the server is still alive, so no need to worry. Btw reaching high level and decent equipment took me about 3-5 months back then, so its not as bad as it might look.

View PostTiefschlaf, on 13 September 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

It's only a consideration.

A good one, Id say, but as suggested I wouldnt want the actual server beeing replaced by a seasonal one.

#5 Micool

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

Did ya'll notice, that this vovlox guy only comments on new server ideas and tries to talk them down? What a tool

#6 *Spirit Dragon*

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

In my opinion this wouldn't really work for Ragnarok Online for multiple reasons:

1. This would have to be sanctioned and made by kRO - No way in hell this will happen.

2. Aside from kRO even approving this, it would cost a lot of money to make, money which we do not have and will never want to spend even if we did.

3. These kind of "Season" servers work for Diablo 3 and the like because their end goal is the gear. This gear is "easy" to farm and "easy" to perfect. They do not have upgrade systems and card systems like RO does, where you could spend months just to get one piece of gear to perfection. It's a completely different genre.

#7 Roadhog

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Give us a Re:Start server.

#8 Tiefschlaf

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostRoadhog, on 20 October 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Give us a Re:Start server.

I had this hope long time ago ... like many of us I guess.
But now, I don't think they will create one. Because of Money. They will only up this Server as Long as they earn Money with the last few high investing People.

Schlaflos 161 Ranger

Schlaflied 99 Clown

Never forgot!

#9 BöserPussymannxD

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

No new or restart!
ADDITIONALLY open a server ...

#10 *Spirit Dragon*

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

Why do you people want a new server/a different kind of server if we don't even have enough real players to for the current one?

Plus, even if we got a new server somehow, without advertisement for it, it would have barely any people and we all know how invested whybeonline is in advertising this game at all.

#11 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Post*Spirit Dragon*, on 30 October 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

Why do you people want a new server/a different kind of server if we don't even have enough real players to for the current one?

Plus, even if we got a new server somehow, without advertisement for it, it would have barely any people and we all know how invested whybeonline is in advertising this game at all.

Because everybody would get what he wants. The new server would probably get a reasonable population while the old players that are against a new server can go bad on their dead server.

It would need some advertising and then this would be a revival of this game, you are lacking in players because this server is just too far progressed, there is no point in restarting/starting to play here now. Of course you all don't want to give up what you reached, but once this server closes you will lose it anyway.

And I like this seasonal server idea, the further a server progresses the more players will leave and a lot of them will return with every restart. That would mean a constantly high number of players and a lot of money for gravity. Transfering the chars from the new server to the main server might also have an reviving effect on the main server aswell, you only need to make the woe/event times on the new server differ from the main server so that both servers can be played...

Just remember how glad and happy you all were when Euro closed, now this attitude that you old players show will lead to the same result...

#12 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostVolvox, on 13 September 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Well, we are having this situation for years now and the server is still alive, so no need to worry. Btw reaching high level and decent equipment took me about 3-5 months back then, so its not as bad as it might look.

So then I wonder why you are against restarting, when it only takes 3-5 months for you? The upside would be a healthier server population and some competition, what would be the downside?

#13 Volvox

Marin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostJoermungandr, on 03 November 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

So then I wonder why you are against restarting, when it only takes 3-5 months for you? The upside would be a healthier server population and some competition, what would be the downside?

Because I also dont want to lose these months of progress (I dont have much free time for playing computer games) and the money Ive put into the game/my character over the last couple of years. Again, this is an MMORPG, server progression is a common thing, if you want seasonal progress like in Fortnite or LOL(not sure about the latter), you gotta play these. Altought Id be fine with a second, seasonal server, as Ive written above.

Also, as Ive already wrote a bunch of times, its not clever to open up a second server, when the original one is suffering low population. Worst case might be the original server dying because of too many people trying out the new one, beeing followed by the new server, because the hype of something new and the overdrawn expectations by nostalgic people will fade with time passing by.

If I could decide, Id put ressources into new and engaging events and a deeper connection to the players, as well as more emphasis on "repairing" WoE, instead of thinking about a new server.

#14 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostVolvox, on 04 November 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

If I could decide, Id put ressources into new and engaging events and a deeper connection to the players, as well as more emphasis on "repairing" WoE, instead of thinking about a new server.

This wouldn't help at all, because this is not the problem.

#15 Escalate

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

There are to many Problems. And i thinks as long as we dont have the "latest" or closely the "latest" updates no option will rly help.
Why?
Just think about it.
We have atm around 400? acitve players (beside shops and second exe and bots).
When we open now a "new" server (or seasonal or restart, doesnt rly matter), what happens then.
- maybe a few old players come back
- a few player who dont like the system now will change to the new server
- a few player will leave cuz they dont want to restart
so its a 50/50 here if "old" players come back or not. so maybe the server has an lower popularity? (i mean the player who play active) then now.
but what happens when they reach there max lvl/eq again? they will leave again. and how further we go into updates it would be even faster in finding specific thinks (cards/eq) then. so they each this endgear/lvl even faster so they will quit after they finished faster again.
so less active players then before.

and yes i read that you wrote to transfer the "new" charas then to the old server as an option. but do you rly think that they will play then there?
i think not.
There are to many thinks who went wrong in the past. and still current.
in my oppinion the best think gravity/whybe or how are they all called would be fine if they take the updates more serious (like fuzzy i mean it was) wrote it we are over 3 years behind of kro updates or even more.
What would you think when we would be on the same update as kro? whole new gear, new ares, new cards, less bugs, less abus (maybe like the dragon breath and so on so the "nervs" maybe can be reundo who knows).

in my oppinion this would be the best way to make the game greater again instead of doing "reboots" for a seasonal server over and over again when i can only see the same old "shit" again and again.
dont forget the costs of such servers. will you pay for this then?

but hey thats just my oppinion
Posted Image

#16 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

View PostEscalate, on 07 February 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

but what happens when they reach there max lvl/eq again? they will leave again. and how further we go into updates it would be even faster in finding specific thinks (cards/eq) then. so they each this endgear/lvl even faster so they will quit after they finished faster again.
so less active players then before.

the seasonal and restart servers would be the only solution to this gap that gets bigger and bigger and the bigger the gap, the less likely that new players will come or that old players will come back

#17 Escalate

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostJoermungandr, on 07 February 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

the seasonal and restart servers would be the only solution to this gap that gets bigger and bigger and the bigger the gap, the less likely that new players will come or that old players will come back

so you will pay then for the season server?
Posted Image

#18 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:55 AM

View PostEscalate, on 07 February 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

so you will pay then for the season server?
monthly subscription and/or cash shop

#19 Escalate

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

hf finding players who will do this for that ^^
Posted Image

#20 Joermungandr

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

a subscription based ro without cash shop would be the best, going f2p was what killed the game.

View PostEscalate, on 08 February 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

hf finding players who will do this for that ^^

hf watching ro die again ^^, though it seems like it already died

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users