14 replies to this topic

#1 Egy

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

Can i ask the difficulties you have to avoid some private server live?

I know many peole that left our server for private.
i had the opinion that first or late a wipe would have arrived on their heads.

and now after more than 3 years they keep playing, have a god community and they recruit on forums and chats.
and i'm talking about the ITA community.

This is not Envy, is only a point of view: i'm really surprise about this can happen.

Obviously by my point of player would have be more fun to play all together, and at the same time i refuse to play in a private server.

But why let those server live for years?

thank you in advance for your kind reply

#2 Crazy Mechanic

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

I give you an advice, try to say it in a ticket in all the gravity servers (i don't know how to do it in the main server Kro actually) , cuz like u said private server and specifically one (and we know wich one i talking about) have a premium service so they get real money for have an illegal thing. so better to talk directly with the Gravity about that private server. cuz im an italian too and i hate that situation..... but let's face it, it's the fact that some private server they are just a copy of kRO (wich mean they have all the kRO stuff) and thats is something wich many player wants cuz if u remember here they have promise us the rebellion class in the december 2016/17 i don't remember, but now is 2018 and we still don't get the rebellion or the dorams... and don't forget the new star emperor and soul reapers...

#3 CPasGratuit!

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Even if those server close, they probably wouldn't come over here.
Once you get used to more, would you fall as low as our server ? (updatewise)
If we had those updates, yes. Closing those server would have some uses /heh

#4 Crazy Mechanic

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

View PostCPasGratuit!, on 10 December 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Even if those server close, they probably wouldn't come over here.
Once you get used to more, would you fall as low as our server ? (updatewise)
If we had those updates, yes. Closing those server would have some uses /heh

well in fact if they close the good private servers and the only solution for this people is it to play at some cheap version or the official one with all stuff balanced i think they will be coming here.

#5 CPasGratuit!

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostCrazy Mechanic, on 10 December 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

well in fact if they close the good private servers and the only solution for this people is it to play at some cheap version or the official one with all stuff balanced i think they will be coming here.
Or they simply will stop playing instead.
Once you get used to the advantages of those servers, taking the time to do all access quests and needing teleport or airship to move from place to place can be really help to demotivate people (Our lack of update sure isn't helping)
Moreover, prices here are really expensives for newcomer.
Your so called "balanced stuff" is even more laughable /heh (Hello custom skills server skills)

We need more updates, more content. Otherwise, you can't expect people to come over to try to have "fun" with outdated content while other places already got cool toys.
We can't catch up other official servers that way. Not on a basis of 1 update every 6-7 months.

Try to have some empathy and you'll soon understand why some of those server are actually having a better time.
You can't just destroy all handsome guys until girls finally lower their expectations to your level.
That's not the right way to do things.
(if you get offended by that, sorry ! /heh )

#6 Crazy Mechanic

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostCPasGratuit!, on 10 December 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

Once you get used to the advantages of those servers, taking the time to do all access quests and needing teleport or airship to move from place to place can be really help to demotivate people (Our lack of update sure isn't helping)
Moreover, prices here are really expensives for newcomer.
Your so called "balanced stuff" is even more laughable /heh (Hello custom skills server skills)

We need more updates, more content. Otherwise, you can't expect people to come over to try to have "fun" with outdated content while other places already got cool toys.
We can't catch up other official servers that way. Not on a basis of 1 update every 6-7 months.

Try to have some empathy and you'll soon understand why some of those server are actually having a better time.
You can't just destroy all handsome guys until girls finally lower their expectations to your level.
That's not the right way to do things.
(if you get offended by that, sorry ! /heh )

nah, im not offended, but the way u talk it's seems that u play here just for dependence and not for fun (or maybe u just play that server too XD) and that is pretty laughable lol. btw ya are righto about the updates, we need more but for have more updates we need more player first and thats a kind of a loop cuz u know the business right? i can't buy the patch if i don't have the money for buy it, and if i don't have the players i don't have fast money.

#7 Songooo

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Ppl mostly do not get those private servers are just emulation. And what they think they know about Ragnarok / how it really works, is totally different/wrong from Kro mechanics or any other official server. That's why I stopped to play on any privates, its same with all other games. like wow privates were total mess :D but ppl who never played on official thought that this is how it really is.

I just remembered distant past on one unnamed popular serv :D , where Nidhogg map was just casual map and bombers camped it since he was like normal mvp with spawn time. Nobody ever heard about any instance lol :D . Or one of more fresher videos from other funny serv where you could freely walk inside thornwall and so on :)

Gravity problem is it does not send newsletters, when new content come. Some of my game accounts got expired email addresses since of that lol :D, you know 2 years of no message :D
Life is but a dream.

#8 Escalate

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

its not a bug its a feature
Posted Image

#9 Fuzzy.

Mastering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:56 PM

There has been a lawsuit against private servers in the past and it was unsuccessful.
The reasoning:
private servers are their own piece of standalone software that does not infringe on any of gravity's property rights.

The actual problems are the hacked clients to connect to private servers, those are illegal since they use gravtiy's existing property and modify it for (probably) monetary profit.

So this way they don't just have to hunt for the 2 or 3 server software creators, but every single server operator that also offers a hacked client. wich makes things a lot more difficult since they can operate from anywhere around the globe.

And the for most of the official RO servers it would probably not be worth it financially since they're running fairly well, especially asian servers.
While we as a generally struggling european region have even more problems because of this.

Because:
Why would you play on a private server when you can play on kRO, jRO, or whatnot over there where the content always appears first, because it's developed over there.

Problems:
-we are too far behind in terms of content
-not enough custom content that would make most people pick this server over another one.

Solutions:
-work with korea trying to speed up the update process a little to reduce the distance we've been falling behind.
-Try to bring custom content to the server, maybe even with the assistance of korea that would make people want to come here.

Also GMs can do very little in this regard, as far as I understand it the hirarchy towards us is pretty much:
Gravity Korea management > Gravity Korea international tech support > Whybe Online management > Our GMs > We as players

Also Whybe only licensed RO for this region, they're not the owners of RO, I think, so they cannot sue because it's not their property(?)
Posted Image (The original since 2005)
175: Genetic (150 Amistr-Sera) | 2x GX | Sura | RK | RG // 165: Ranger // 164: Sorcerer // 150+: Rebel

My latest compiled bits:
Posted ImageAndroid: bit.ly/2usrfJk | iOS: apple.co/2OtbAlZ

#10 CPasGratuit!

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:45 PM

View PostCrazy Mechanic, on 10 December 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

nah, im not offended, but the way u talk it's seems that u play here just for dependence and not for fun (or maybe u just play that server too XD) and that is pretty laughable lol. btw ya are righto about the updates, we need more but for have more updates we need more player first and thats a kind of a loop cuz u know the business right? i can't buy the patch if i don't have the money for buy it, and if i don't have the players i don't have fast money.
I used to play on such server (until it closed but i had the most fun there, prerenewal).
I came here for the stability (at least the server is still open even after a few years).
I waited 5 years for the kagerou/oboro update (we had a planning that kept being pushed for a few years).
But it finally came !
Now i've lost count of how many years it's been since i've started to wait for Rebellion (then it'll be Doram, then Star emperor etc).
I've had my fun here, stayed for the community for some time, farmed what i wanted that was available.
But guess what... Other things that i want aren't available here yet. I want to have fun, i want to enjoy those things HERE, not on another server where i'd have to start all over again.
I want to have hope ! Hope that somehow, Whybe could apply one of Fuzzy solutions (that seems more realistic than just creating a new outdated server).
Do we have to wait 5-10years between each new classes (after they've been released on IRO) ? /hmm

#11 Styrus

Poring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

View PostCPasGratuit!, on 10 December 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

Most likely that would happen. There is a reason for people prefering pserver over specific offical ones.

As for myself, I won't play on fRO again for the simple reason that i dislike renewal, so I don't care about missing updates or anying else anyways. The "old" economy doesn't make it more appealing to anyone as well, beginner or returnee alike. That would have left me with the choice to play on iRO serveral month ago, but thats not possible anymore (and the classic and restart server being flooded with bots destroyed it anyways, I tried them both), or .... nothing? Oh wait, pServer can offer a classic version, no bot floods (at least what i've seen until now) and if you're lucky with your server, fast support and bug fixes. What would you do?

At the moment I don't play anymore at all. pServer just feels not right for me, even if it was fun for some weeks and fRO is no option for me due to renewal. I would like to play on an official one again ... but that would have to be a classic setting. And I'm for sure not alone with that opinion (yeah back to the topic that "we" want a classic server for europe ;p)
Give me a Classic mechanics server with monthly payment =)

#12 Lostris

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

Most of the players that are actually on p-servers were fRO players. They just didn´t like the situation on this server anymore, so they changed. I doubt that even closing the p-servers, they would come here. The problem is not those servers, but how this one is managed.
Posted Image

#13 Crazy Mechanic

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

so we all agreed here it's a manage problem, hope the GM will read and learn how that server work, at least they can learn how our official server should work instead...

#14 Lostris

Poporing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

I think it is, but I also think it´s already too late. A lot of people I know would like to come back, but wouldn´t in this server.
Posted Image

#15 Crazy Mechanic

Drops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostLostris, on 12 December 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

I think it is, but I also think it´s already too late. A lot of people I know would like to come back, but wouldn´t in this server.

well in my country i know many maybe too many who would play at an official ragnarok online experience but (because there is always a but) only if it is a good product with loved by the people who run it. and many said that fRO is not cared enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users